Superliner Sleeper

fifth wheel

I came across this sleeper recently and was told it was orignal equipment for a Superliner, not 100% sure but a Can/Am? 60 stand up. Appears to in good shape, red interior, located MA and the price is $800. If interested PM me and I can check it out further.

FW

post-146-0-29425600-1333852949.jpg

post-146-0-91272800-1333852956.jpg

post-146-0-23461800-1333852975.jpg

post-146-0-09483200-1333852984.jpg

• 2 years later...

I came across this sleeper recently and was told it was orignal equipment for a Superliner, not 100% sure but a Can/Am? 60 stand up. Appears to in good shape, red interior, located MA and the price is $800. If interested PM me and I can check it out further.

FW

I NEED IT!!!!

Mack Used Can-Am for factory Bunks in Oakville.

• Like 1

Oim going to guess yours is most likely a Can am if it is the same bunk since new. Your truck being an ex SGT truck from Quebec was most likely fitted with a Can am. They were manufactured in Quebec and had some small bunk models.

• Like 1

Thank you for the thought.

It's really SGT truck and I have them two trucks and three sleepers.

All are identical.

I noted every R or RW with a sleeper and got the mind my ones look like Canadians indeed.

Although I saw the sleepers of that kind in general but with minor differences. Have never seen a one with water channels around the roof.

With the only exception on the picture of the other SGT R-model of the same bunch as mines were.

post-3971-0-64519500-1409683023_thumb.jp

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for the thought.

It's really SGT truck and I have them two trucks and three sleepers.

All are identical.

I noted every R or RW with a sleeper and got the mind my ones look like Canadians indeed.

Although I saw the sleepers of that kind in general but with minor differences. Have never seen a one with water channels around the roof.

With the only exception on the picture of the other SGT R-model of the same bunch as mines were.

I did some research......Your bunk is a Can-Am sleeper. Of the 3 Canadian sleeper builders Can-am was the only one to mount the lower bunk storage door handles in the middle of the door. The other 2 bunk Manufacturers mount the door handle and latch at the bottom of the door. Hope that helps. I would bet yours is a Can-Am.

Was'nt it Can-Am that that the Superliner straight job with the display models of their sleepers mounted on back? I saw it a time or two at truck shows?...................................Mark

Can-Am had both a straight truck Superliner and a Tractor Superliner that hauled Bunk models of all shapes and sizes they produced to shows in US and Can. Can- Am was a Company out of Quebec, Canada.

Can-Am built the sleepers that were factory installed at the Oakville Assembly plant. Mack Canada in turn discounted the RWII's That Can-Am used for showing their products.

I have pictures of both of the Silver with blue striped trucks. I will have to dig them up and scan them onto here.

Although Alumi bunk and Mik Mac were available at Canadian Branches and dealers, both were not installed on the line.

The best way to tell if your bunk is factory is by looking up the build info on the Mack parts system. Canadian trucks ordered will show by its exhaust piping arrangement. Most were ordered with under frame exhaust that was augmented by the bunk builder.

My Oakville Engineering friend said that they used "Hockey Pucks" for the factory installed sleeper mounts because they lasted longer then any generic rubber mount.

Don't get much more Canadian then that Eh!!!

• Like 2

I have the cab off one of the Super-Liner's that delivered the sleepers. It is to go on a 761 Brockway eventually......

Think the built for tag is still in it........

The bunk off that truck was still in St Luc, not far from Mtl right up to a couple of months ago.... 72 in high rise....

Clay

I have the cab off one of the Super-Liner's that delivered the sleepers. It is to go on a 761 Brockway eventually......

Think the built for tag is still in it........

The bunk off that truck was still in St Luc, not far from Mtl right up to a couple of months ago.... 72 in high rise....

Clay

Are you kidding me????????? Tabernac!

Ugh.

Those trucks had some history.

Do they want to sell the sleeper if its in good shape and how much $$$$ ????

I may have another project for it.

Can-Am had both a straight truck Superliner and a Tractor Superliner that hauled Bunk models of all shapes and sizes they produced to shows in US and Can. Can- Am was a Company out of Quebec, Canada.

Can-Am built the sleepers that were factory installed at the Oakville Assembly plant. Mack Canada in turn discounted the RWII's That Can-Am used for showing their products.

I have pictures of both of the Silver with blue striped trucks. I will have to dig them up and scan them onto here.

Although Alumi bunk and Mik Mac were available at Canadian Branches and dealers, both were not installed on the line.

The best way to tell if your bunk is factory is by looking up the build info on the Mack parts system. Canadian trucks ordered will show by its exhaust piping arrangement. Most were ordered with under frame exhaust that was augmented by the bunk builder.

My Oakville Engineering friend said that they used "Hockey Pucks" for the factory installed sleeper mounts because they lasted longer then any generic rubber mount.

Don't get much more Canadian then that Eh!!!

I'm surprized and glad there was so much posted along this thread.

Thank you for the suggestions, I think you're right. I just can't me shure 100%. Only about 95 :)

By the way I parted out totally one of those sleepers. Found neither manufacturer's marks.

And the way it was built... The sheet metal all around was stainless excepting the roof. Wich rotted through as a follow.

They "saved" a piece of SS using common shit sheet in the front under the entry (nobody can see behind a cab).

Those storage door handles were located different by heigth about 10 mm (half an inch). Looks like someone cutted the holes for them doing no measurments, just "by eye". I'm pretty shure nobody had those redone, that was from factory.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

It definitely needs work inside.... kids went in and pretty much destroyed it...... not sure what they want for it......but worth a shot.

Will check to see if the built for plaque is till on dash..... I won't need it, as I said the firewall is to be cut and a Brockway one welded on...

Clay

It definitely needs work inside.... kids went in and pretty much destroyed it...... not sure what they want for it......but worth a shot.

Will check to see if the built for plaque is till on dash..... I won't need it, as I said the firewall is to be cut and a Brockway one welded on...

Clay

If its a good 72" Can-Am shell and its cheap I will come get it.

Where is the Chassis of this truck? I'm looking for stack brackets to mount the dual exhaust on the Superliner I have.

Thanks.

The chassis was there...... now not sure, but the sleeper is... my brother saw it last year....... the outside shell is good, but needs the top windows, they are broke too....

if you like, I can give them a call... it is the 72 in version...............

Please give them a call and send me a message on the results.

Thanks.