stolen truck has anyone seen it

bigrigpardo

about 6 months ago i get a disturbing feeling and want to go check my truck out at the storage yard. i hadnt been there in a while because of school so i felt it was urgent. when i arrived it was gone. the owner said that he lost my number so he called the p.o. a former boss of mine who i had a falling out with. and he said " i dont know where he is, since it was my truck and he isnt working on it just junk it." i had had the truck for about 3 years and had a lot of time invested in it and just about had it running. the truck was cut in half and from the cab back went to the scrap yard where i found torched pieces left. from the cab forward was supposedly sold to someone in upstate ny but could be anywhere. if any one has seen it. it is a 1959 b61 with a 673n/a and a duplex. no drover fender no light switch no horn button or chrome . it was a faded red and said BARTER SIGNS on the door. i have some pics and can describe the truck almost to a tee. if any one has seen it. i dont just want it back for free. it was bough unfair but fair as there were no papers to the truck and the property onwer was the one who sold it. i would like a chance to buy it back whatevers left of it or at least see it for one more time. it brought me to my knees when i saw her gone.

post-1659-0-10202500-1327880682_thumb.jp

post-1659-0-00466800-1327880694_thumb.jp

I feel for ya' and hope you find it. I had a pup trailer stolen in September. Found out this past week it was a fellow dump trucker and contractor from the area that was caught stealing all kinds of trailers and equipment. Worst part for me is, 20 minutes after i noticed it stolen, I drove about 3 miles over to his yard to ask if he'd seen it around, figuring he knows a lot of people in the area. Some people are just SOB's.

Early this winter we had a ATHS chapter meeting in Des Moines.One of our members drove his recently aquired Oshkosh COE 6x6 ex-missle transporter tractor.This thing was huge,KTA600 Cummins,auto.trans,100 ton double oscillating 5th wheel.About a week later someone stole it right out of his trucking co. yard.Luckily he had survailence cameras and got a rough video of them loading on a lowboy pulled by a 362 Pete.It took about a month,but after alot of investigating on his part(the police were of almost no help,even when he found the truck)he got it back.The top had been cut out of the cab,pretty much ruining it,but it was recovered.

Friend of mine asked if he could bring two trucks to my yard and store them there? sure. A couple of months goes by no trucks, found out he owed rent where they where and landlord scrapped them. Similar sitituation here and doubt you will find it.

They were Macks, nothing safe any more.

FW

Early this winter we had a ATHS chapter meeting in Des Moines.One of our members drove his recently aquired Oshkosh COE 6x6 ex-missle transporter tractor.This thing was huge,KTA600 Cummins,auto.trans,100 ton double oscillating 5th wheel.About a week later someone stole it right out of his trucking co. yard.Luckily he had survailence cameras and got a rough video of them loading on a lowboy pulled by a 362 Pete.It took about a month,but after alot of investigating on his part(the police were of almost no help,even when he found the truck)he got it back.The top had been cut out of the cab,pretty much ruining it,but it was recovered.

Ex missile transporter and that didn't put up a flag. I am sure this Country is in someone's gun sight. Not good.

FW

the truck was being stored for free as he was a friend of mine. i used to go to the yard alot but it is about 2 miles from his shop and just never had a chance to go there and show my face. its my fault i should have been more diligent about it but you learn the hard way some time. the scrap yard guy who had the bed said it was offered to him a few times but he really didnt need any parts off it. he said the lot owner sold the front of the truck to a friend in upstate ny but he says he didnt and my ex boss says "i would never do that" god i hate being lied to on all parts. worst part is he got 1500 in scrap for the trucks back half and told me he didnt get anything for it and if anything i owe him money for having to dispose of it for him. boy he needs a punch in the face. if anyone knows him his name is rob and he owns chesters towing and recovery in port washington ny.

There is your pro-blem-o - his name is Rob

In my own defense. I would never do that to a Mack as I could make use of the parts.......

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Hey Andrew,

I know we spoke about this some time ago. Sorry again for the loss. That was a top notch truck, 20' roll back bed and all it needed was some pump work. I remember speaking to our Rob on the phone about your truck, it was a heck of a find.

Forgive me if this sounds harsh, but you should have posted this sooner, right after you found out. That way you could have gotten the word out to people who may have seen the remnants or knew who bought them. I wanted to say something but I figured I would let you make that decision. Live and learn I suppose.

Your a young guy, start saving for your next rig, there are still plenty of old Mack's out there. Also what ever happened to that Brockway that was next to your Mack? I remember asking but I forget.

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

i know. i should have done this right away. wish you had said something. i am hoping that since it has beena while maybe some of the big macks guys upstate like all macks or oldmacks have seen it or been offered it or something. would like to just put the strings together and find the rest of it.

as for the brockway i think he saved like 5 small pieces he wanted for his restored truck and then let the firedepartment jaws of life it and then burn it to the ground. idiots.

i know. i should have done this right away. wish you had said something. i am hoping that since it has beena while maybe some of the big macks guys upstate like all macks or oldmacks have seen it or been offered it or something. would like to just put the strings together and find the rest of it.

as for the brockway i think he saved like 5 small pieces he wanted for his restored truck and then let the firedepartment jaws of life it and then burn it to the ground. idiots.

I did mention it to Dennis when I bought my B61 but he said he had no knowledge of the front clip. Dead end there.

what kind of brockway was it.

gg2

Its been a while but it was a red tandem 360/361. Some people need their heads examined, or removed. Ass holes.

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

• 4 weeks later...

about 6 months ago i get a disturbing feeling and want to go check my truck out at the storage yard. i hadnt been there in a while because of school so i felt it was urgent. when i arrived it was gone. the owner said that he lost my number so he called the p.o. a former boss of mine who i had a falling out with. and he said " i dont know where he is, since it was my truck and he isnt working on it just junk it." i had had the truck for about 3 years and had a lot of time invested in it and just about had it running. the truck was cut in half and from the cab back went to the scrap yard where i found torched pieces left. from the cab forward was supposedly sold to someone in upstate ny but could be anywhere. if any one has seen it. it is a 1959 b61 with a 673n/a and a duplex. no drover fender no light switch no horn button or chrome . it was a faded red and said BARTER SIGNS on the door. i have some pics and can describe the truck almost to a tee. if any one has seen it. i dont just want it back for free. it was bough unfair but fair as there were no papers to the truck and the property onwer was the one who sold it. i would like a chance to buy it back whatevers left of it or at least see it for one more time. it brought me to my knees when i saw her gone.

I know how you feel.I had what was left of an EQ and an A-51T parked at an asphalt plant in our area.The land manager said I could leave it there long as I wanted.One day another trucker said,"I see you got that one truck out of there,huh?" I asked him ,"what truck?"Turned out #2 man at the yard(that they leased from the land manager) said he was getting tired of looking at it and called the scrapper.I told he had no business scrapping something that wasn't his.He wasn't too concerned.I got ahold of the scrapper and told him all the stuff that I wanted off of the truck ( I was going to cut it up anyway,but at my leisure) and if he didn't return the items,I was calling the authorities! He promptly brought back every part that I wanted off of the truck,the next day! I got everything I needed and then some.It still made me mad that someone who had no business calling the scrapper on me,decided the fate of one of my trucks! I hope you get 'er back,Pardo.Nobody deserves that!
  • Like 1

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

I just found this thread, Sorry about your B. Chesters Highway Garage was involved? figures. I've had a few run ins with them over the years when I subbed to Spinny Hill Autobody. I would call the local ATHS they may know something. They are also tied into the Riverhead Antique Power Equipment Club. Dennis Ryan is the chapter president @ 631 821 4845 or E mail @ gmcwatertruck@aol.com. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

How can someone get rid of your vehicle without the title?? Here in Pa. scrapyards will not touch a vehicle without the title....

-And the moral of the story is.....Get a storage contract in writing, even if they offer space for free, you offer to pay a buck a month or whatever- get the terms IN WRITING!!!!

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

• 1 year later...

holy crap I cant believe there were so many replies and I never saw them. guys thank you so much I have been looking at some pics lately of my b and wished I was able to drive it once even if I had only gone in a circle in the yard once it would have been totally worth it. has any one seen or heard of my truck in the last year or so. it was scrapped at suscuahana (doubt I spelled it right) in Lindenhurst I think. the guy I talked to said he only bought the rear of the truck because he thought he could sell the bed and rob from Chester's sold the truck cut behind the cab to someone (supposedly upstate ny but who knows. he I think I have the frame rail numbers somewhere was getting ready to file for my new reg. only need a vin rubbing for pre 73 in ny. know its been over a year but to just have closure would mean the world to me. and possibly to get that motor fired. dam I was so close I had the injector box all freed up took like a whole can of pb to get the fuel rack moving again. then just all of a sudden I had this shit feeling in the pit of my stomach so I took a drive and she was gone. it broke my heart. to this day I still cry a little. its hard loosing your first b

• 1 year later...