Awesome R model

Timothy Maikshilo

Not my style at all but I admire the talent for the paint work.

Think I could still remember how to do that........

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Not with a spray can Rob

Depends on what is in that spray can. I used to do flames with "power paks" which are nothing more than portable sprayers that used freon for the compressed air. With a wide selection of fluid tips, you could lay down a very nice even pattern. I used dupont "Lucite", (lacquer) in those days, but now use "Sikkens" paints which are urethane based.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

are those the grab handles that go on the cab that are on the bumper?

No. They look like something generic formed for the purpose in a press.

Rob

Not my style either,i prefer the "classic" look in a truck,way too much bs on this one for me,but like Rob,i do appreacieate the paintwork,takes some talent to paint "trueflames"....and just an observation,but the things on the bumper look like mirror support brackets to me.......................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

If you knew the guys that own the truck, you would know that when they bleed, their blood is actually little bulldogs being poured out of there body. These guys live for Mack trucks and own trucks from original done trucks to the one seen here. -Brad

Brad you are 100% right about these gentlemen. They live eat and breath Mack from the time they were born. Their first word was Mack. They spent ever waking hour in a Mack or under one. From B models that have been there since new to the DMM's and R models to the Cruiseliner and Magnum Superliners and MH Magnum. :SMOKIE-RT:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

That is a sharp looking R Like the stacks never seen anything like it

River steamboats on the Mississippi, use stacks like that from a bygone era.

Glad to hear and see it do well at shows. Nice to see anything but the "norm" in those type venues do well.

Although not my style, I admire the effort and work it took to build it.

Rob

Yeah but if your going to build a show truck to mop the floor with the others might as well go outrageous. you know as well as I do Stock Macks or anyother stock truck don't win shows unless your at a classic vehicle venue

Very true.

Rob