2004 Mack Vision

i dont know if anyone has had this problem but the place i work for has a 2004 mack vision and it keeps blowing off the rubber line after the exhaust gas cooler. mac says they dont have a clue can anyone help i get paid by the load and sittin at home dont pay the bills. thanks

i dont know if anyone has had this problem but the place i work for has a 2004 mack vision and it keeps blowing off the rubber line after the exhaust gas cooler. mac says they dont have a clue can anyone help i get paid by the load and sittin at home dont pay the bills. thanks

I assume its not one of the coolant hoses. If it is the outlet hose of the EGR cooler (toward the front of engine) I would have to think its an overboost turbo problem. But I have pressure tested the whole intake system (including the EGR cooler and piping) as high as 45 psi and never blew one of those hoses. The hose should be a special stepped hose (bigger on the EGR cooler end and smaller on the Mass flow tube end ("S" shaped pipe)). A new hose with new clamps to start with and a test drive to see what the turbo Boost pressure is hitting. Also check if all 4 bolts/nuts are there to secure the EGR cooler to the block. Had one today with only 3 bolts holding it on and the vibration cracked the EGR cooler causing an external coolant leak.