Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
vision386

Mack Fire Tankers

3 posts in this topic

I found some pictures of some Mack fire tankers used by a neighboring company when i lived in Jersey,thought they might be of some interest to the "fire buffs" o

n here,if you go to their website,there is also a short story about a 1931 Brockway which is undergoing restoration..............Mark

http://www.fvf431.com/retiredtrucks.html

post-5836-0-33129400-1305898343_thumb.jp

Mark

Thanks for the picture, Interesting that SueJoe from this site just sent me a picture of a similar B Model tanker from Florida, it is now retired and should be at Lititz, so I will be looking forward to seeing it in person.

Firemack

post-121-0-12373600-1305911696_thumb.jpg

On their website, the Marsh Harbour Fire Brigade in the Bahamas shows their Engine 5, a 1958 Mack "B"

tandem axle pumper/tanker. The truck is still marked for the Maidstone Fire Department. I have tried to

find a Maidstone Fire Department on the internet but no luck. I know that there is a Maidstone, VT but

they do not have a fire department. I have also found a gated community in Florida named Maidstone.

Anyone know where this pumper and the Maidstone "B" model tanker came from? Also, MHVFB specs say that

Engine 5 is a 500/500. Don't know why you would need a tandem axle to carry 500 gallons of water unless

it's also a quad.

bulldogboy