E7 350 Valve Settings

nutsnbolts

hello all 1st post im working on a 1994 e7 350 mech eng. found tdc on 1, 6 was rocking, so i adj#1 int. and ext. no jake did same procedure troughout fireing order. then went back to recheck my work when i put #1 on mark for adjustment 2 and 5 on exhaust were real loose like 70 to 90 thou did i screw up or is this normal. only exhaust valves were loose, but cyl. to be adj is always correct. {4 valve head}

hello again just wondering if anyone could help me out here.thx

Sorry I missed your post been busy !You need to find the valve set marks on the fly wheel peep hole at the bottom, also your engine will have a slack spot where the

dynatard lump is I beleive there is a small depression at that spot to allow the slave in the rocker to charge

your probably landing on that spot,Seting on valves rocking is not the best on these engines.

Sorry I missed your post been busy !You need to find the valve set marks on the fly wheel peep hole at the bottom, also your engine will have a slack spot where the

dynatard lump is I beleive there is a small depression at that spot to allow the slave in the rocker to charge

your probably landing on that spot,Seting on valves rocking is not the best on these engines.

ok thx i went by the flywheel #s 1-6 #1 push rods were the lowest 6 was uneven so i started on #1adjusted it then rolled the eng.around to valves 2-5 mark on flywheel.adjusted #5 then rolled eng to valves 3-4 mark set #3 and etc.etc. my question is should there be excessive clearence on some ext.valves after all adjustments have been made.

Yup thats normal as I explained The dynatard will make some valves appear loose your good to go! :)

Yup thats normal as I explained The dynatard will make some valves appear loose your good to go! :)

ok i just went through the procedure again and all was correct gona put some antifreeze in her and crank her up thank you for the info.god bless ed