Lightning Bolt Light

have a mack vision getting the lightning bolt light and then truck shutting off. now truck will start but not keep idle

was told could be a bad circut breaker? its not the coolant sensor thanks for your help

If the lightning bolt light is on, you can turn off the cruise control and press and hold the set/decel button to get the code. The lightning bolt will flash, pause, then flash some more. Count the number of flashes.

For example, one I see from time to time is "blink blink blink blink (pause) blink" would be a 4-1 code...which on my '01 CH is for the Vehicle Speed Sensor. Another is "blink (pause) blink blink blink"....or the 1-3 code for the fuel temp sensor.

There may be more than one code...and once it has run through all of the codes causing the light to be on, they'll repeat. Not sure if it's necessary or not, but I usually keep holding the set/decel until I've seen 'em all and they start repeating.

If the codes don't tell 'em what's wrong, it'll at least give 'em a jumping off point for where to start looking.

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

If the lightning bolt light is on, you can turn off the cruise control and press and hold the set/decel button to get the code. The lightning bolt will flash, pause, then flash some more. Count the number of flashes.

For example, one I see from time to time is "blink blink blink blink (pause) blink" would be a 4-1 code...which on my '01 CH is for the Vehicle Speed Sensor. Another is "blink (pause) blink blink blink"....or the 1-3 code for the fuel temp sensor.

There may be more than one code...and once it has run through all of the codes causing the light to be on, they'll repeat. Not sure if it's necessary or not, but I usually keep holding the set/decel until I've seen 'em all and they start repeating.

If the codes don't tell 'em what's wrong, it'll at least give 'em a jumping off point for where to start looking.

thanks i will check it out

• 11 years later...