Calling All Mack E Model Owners

:SMOKIE-LFT:

:chili: Cool,Garth!!

Can't wait to see some pics of it. What condition is in?

Speed

:SMOKIE-RT:

"Remember-ANY Gun Control is Unconstitutional!"
<!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><i><b>MACK-E Model Registry # 36</b></i><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

<a href="http://www.nvabatetravel.com/"target="_blank">http://www.nvabatetravel.com/</a>

If someone is looking for a E Model there was one advertised in TNT Magazine 23Nov. 07 issue page68 it is a 1947 Mack EHX with dump $7500.00 or Best offer.Phone # 609- 298-0841.New Jersey.Was garage kept Looks good in picture but a bit pricy.

Sounds like an EHX that was on Ebay early this year. I drooled over it as she looked pretty straight but scruffy but...wrong side of the world and all that...

Congrats on another E, Garth, looking forward to hearing more about it.

Speed, thanks for keeping interest in the registry ticking over. I haven't had any new entries for a while. I'm thinking of reviewing my Show Times from ATHS and writing to the owners listed. Also had one of my Australian readers contact me asking to subscribe and he said he had a Type 75 and a military E...along with about 20 other trucks!

This year hasn't been great for tracking down Es as I haven't had the time but with the e-magazine picking up, I'm hoping to get the feelers out there some more.

Whatever rubs your buddah.

The Mack E Model Registry - 103 entries
The Mack A Model Registry - 14 entries

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks to Mike and Brent (Livinlo) for the latest two additions to the registry, an EH1D and the first EF1S for the registry. If you haven't already, check out the great EF pics on Livinlo's gallery.

Cheers

Andy

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I just came across an EE that is being restored. I am not sure if this is what you are looking for, but I hope it helps. Check out www.ragtoproad.com he has an EE in his projects page undergoing restoration.

Regards,

Tracy for Kevin www.allmacks.com

1948 Mack EQT with Hopto 200, runs needs a little TLC this year!

Saint Albans, Vermont

G'day Polak

Great E you have there! I'll PM you for the chassis number and your real name. Thanks for taking the time to post.

Andy

Hi,

I just came across an EE that is being restored. I am not sure if this is what you are looking for, but I hope it helps. Check out www.ragtoproad.com he has an EE in his projects page undergoing restoration.

Regards,

Tracy for Kevin www.allmacks.com

Tracy and Kevin

That's exactly what I'm looking for. I haven't been trawling the net for Es for a while so appreciate you posting those details. I'll drop the Walzs a line.

Btw, and what an EE!

Andy

• 3 weeks later...

Andy Did you ever consider adding the A Model Macks and make it the E and A Model Registry? The A Model seems like just an updated E model. It seems as there are not a lot of E and A Model owners out there and it might get more to join the registry. I have a 1950 A-51T with the 510 Mack Diesel it is kind of odd with that engine and engine parts are hard to find. Thanks Joe D.

• 2 weeks later...

G'day Joe

Not a bad idea, mate. I'll have to leave it hanging for a bit as I'm in the middle of a move to the other side of the country but it's certainly worth getting stuck into. There are quite a few Es out there but I haven't had the time to chase many down lately. This sticky in BMT keeps things ticking over.

Andy

Hey all

Got my 'new' EF!!!!!

EF 1D 2784

Any one with a year to fit the serial number??

I need to contact the Mack Museum when I get it home but would like to get the year just to keep my mind at ease.

Andy,

Get it in the book!!!

Garth J Huff

1600 Hitching Post Dr.

Green River, Wyoming

Thanks guys!!

Packer

Keep a clutchin'

• 1 month later...
EF 1D 2784

Garth, is that an intentional gap between the EF and 1D? Just wondering whether a T might fit in between? Having said that, there were EF1S Es so EF1D makes sense (haven't got my book handy to check and prevent asking a silly question!).

Most of the low numbered Es on the registry don't have corresponding years at present but of the few that do, 1945 is as close as I can suggest.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

A dump bed, Packer?! I'm jealous.

Hope the petting went well. I've found one down here as well but she's quite the derelict and the price is too high for what she is. Will still go have a look though. ;-)

Andy

EDIT: actually I've found two in two weeks. One is about 10 hours north of me and is the most complete unrestored example I've seen in Australia to date. Got most excited.

Andy,

I didn't take my camera, so didn't get any pics.

The Owner. Jim Cole wants "$5-7,000.00" for a $500.00 truck.

I'm still working on a deal, but the decimal point will need to be moved to the left at least one notch!!!!

Serial number is:

EE 1D 2120

Might need to at least get it in the book.

The owner lives in Collbran, CO.

Packer

Keep a clutchin'

• 2 weeks later...

As you can see from my signature, the E registry is just short of the 50 entries level. Once we reach 50, I'll put together a pdf document of similar format to the B registry.

The past couple of days has seen new member Tinman provide details of five Es, one of which was already listed (Rigfire's Texas-based Type 75S). However, Tinman provided details of our first two 505S', the oldest EF1S on the registry and the first consecutive chassis number listing (a Type 75S still owned by the Charleston FB). Many thanks Ray!

As you can see from my signature, the E registry is just short of the 50 entries level. Once we reach 50, I'll put together a pdf document of similar format to the B registry.

The past couple of days has seen new member Tinman provide details of five Es, one of which was already listed (Rigfire's Texas-based Type 75S). However, Tinman provided details of our first two 505S', the oldest EF1S on the registry and the first consecutive chassis number listing (a Type 75S still owned by the Charleston FB). Many thanks Ray!

Hi Andy,

Thanks for the good words. I know of (3) three more E models in S.C. Two (2) that are type 45's the other I'am not sure of. I will get their owner names, location, and #'s.

Ray

Ok, you got another. Mack EF Ser #EF1S 8210 Oct 16 1948 Engine; Mack EN290. I tracked this truck for 12 years through 3 owners before i got it. It ran at one point when I saw it but now it's sort of stuck. It turns partially but won't go over, Probably a stuck valve from sitting. It was shipped with a dump box but now is just a chassis cab. The body and frame are in vg condition because the stone co. that owned it most of it's life shut down in the winter. I was thinking of a Cummins B series transplant and a old style rounded utility body to make a hauler for my antique engines. Bob

• 5 weeks later...

Sorry for the slow reply, Bob, but many thanks for the details. Sounds like she was worth hunting down! Got any photos?

Thanks to Ray (Tinman), we also have details of the oldest EH1D on the registry (c/n 1743) and Matt Williams, new to Macks, has just bought an EG1S that is the oldest EG1S on the registry. Many thanks guys!

Oh dear, I think we're up to 51 entries. Better get the registry "official" now!

• 2 weeks later...