Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rockhauler

High Oil Temp

5 posts in this topic

I got a 2006 vision cxn613 with a ac-460 and lately my oil temp is way higher than normal(normaly at 190 F loaded and now it goes up to 225 F loaded) but coolant Temp is still normal. I'm running rotella 15w40 and did a oil&filter change and still having problem.

Before I get into buying and changing the oil coolant I would like to here a second opinion.

I got a 2006 vision cxn613 with a ac-460 and lately my oil temp is way higher than normal(normaly at 190 F loaded and now it goes up to 225 F loaded) but coolant Temp is still normal. I'm running rotella 15w40 and did a oil&filter change and still having problem.

Before I get into buying and changing the oil coolant I would like to here a second opinion.

Oil coolant?

I would try the oil temp sensor first if the change in temperature is sudden with all other parameters remaining the same.

Rob

Oil coolant?

I would try the oil temp sensor first if the change in temperature is sudden with all other parameters remaining the same.

Rob

I agree with rob, might try a infrared temp gauge to check and verify it is actually that temp

Sounds like the oil cooler is plugged, but it's not going to hurt anything to check the temperature as suggested first.

Sounds like the oil cooler is plugged, but it's not going to hurt anything to check the temperature as suggested first.

The oil cooler inlet screen could be plugged, needs to be removed and cleaned or replaced every year or so.

oil cooler inlet screen.pdf