Injector Cups Mp8

Are injector cups in the head surrounded by the cooling system on the mp8? If so shouldn't u get fuel in the cooling system with a cracked cup?

The injector cups are surrounded by by coolant. Usually the cups don't crack, instead combustion gas from the cylinders tends to burn out the sealing washers at the base of the injectors causing the o-rings that seal the fuel passages to disentegrate and drop fuel from the injectors.

"Mebbe I'm too ugly and stupid to give up!"

The injector cups are surrounded by by coolant. Usually the cups don't crack, instead combustion gas from the cylinders tends to burn out the sealing washers at the base of the injectors causing the o-rings that seal the fuel passages to disentegrate and drop fuel from the injectors.

Theres More to the story , But Haslers holdin out on ya! :)

If you have a truck down with the bad cups, get the new style stainless steel cups and new style injectors. We have put several sets in. However today I had to pull a stainless cup out and replace it. The new cup didnt fail but the injector hold down bolt broke and the injector jumped around and damaged the cup.

If you have a truck down with the bad cups, get the new style stainless steel cups and new style injectors. We have put several sets in. However today I had to pull a stainless cup out and replace it. The new cup didnt fail but the injector hold down bolt broke and the injector jumped around and damaged the cup.

We GOT a binder in the shop today one of the injector bolts fell out and flooded the muffler with fuel wonder if that will happen with the new injector cups?We got about 3 gallons of fuel out of the muffler! :)Imagine this happening to a dpf engine.

If the seals are failing in the cups/ injector and compression gases are entering the fuel system, I should be able to install a clear hose on the return line at the fuel filter houseing and check for bubbles/gases returning to the tanks?

If the seals are failing in the cups/ injector and compression gases are entering the fuel system, I should be able to install a clear hose on the return line at the fuel filter houseing and check for bubbles/gases returning to the tanks?

Yes, you can, and should, check for air in the fuel so as to make sure of where the air is entering the system.

In ur shop do u'll have paper manuals or are they on cd's, if so can u tell me where I can buy them?

Mostly electronic at the moment

When installing the cup and injector, do I have to replace all of them? If so do the injectors have a calibration # that need to be programed into computer

If changing to steel injector cups all must be replaced. If this is the case you injector trim codes will need to be programmed as well (codes are on the injector wiring harness connector, four alpha-numeric characters). If replacing with copper cups the codes are already programmed, just keep them in the same cylinders they were removed from. DO NOT CLEAN THE INJECTOR TIPS, YOU WILL DAMAGE THE SPRAY PATTERN AND VOID YOUR WARRANTY.

"Mebbe I'm too ugly and stupid to give up!"

• 6 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I have DEF, only got 395k mls, I'm pretty sure I'm getting seals leaking, my local mack said I probably need all new injectors ext ext @ $6 grand. Truck runs great, so why do I need to change all 6 injectors if there not bad? Can't I just do new cup seals? Thanks for your help!

• 1 year later...
8 hours ago, tristate concrete said:

Got a 2012 mac mp7 on a concrete pump with 65k miles. smoking like a 12 valve cummins...... keeps over heating . heard theres 27  revisions on the injector s lol. added coolant still over heating. replaced thermostat but still bad. and ideas?

Hey don't make fun of my 12 valve! It only smokes a pretty black cloud when you goose it, and just for a second til the turbo catches up to the fuel! And that's with 218k miles!