Another Big Mack Sale

How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood.

Almost 8 days production to build 910 trucks.

Can't answer about woodchucks as there are too many pieces to count when I'm through with them but 910 trucks is a lot for eight days. That number must be out of the ordinary as there would be a "glut" of trucks if normal production ran at that rate?

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

We build 116 trucks per day. We ship 90 - 100 trucks a day Monday - Friday, and 60-70 on Sat & Sun. Typically supplier part shortages or paint repair are reasons we don't ship per build rate.

That is great to hear. I've never been around truck production but watched Caterpillar build hundreds of engines per day and wondered at times how they can all have a place to go.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

It's small business that built this country. If those big orders are a minority of the production you have to appreciate all the small businesses that make up the majority. It's too bad the current administration and congress don't understand how a little help for small busines would go a long way toward putting a lot of people back to work.

It's small business that built this country. If those big orders are a minority of the production you have to appreciate all the small businesses that make up the majority. It's too bad the current administration and congress don't understand how a little help for small busines would go a long way toward putting a lot of people back to work.

Yessir that is true. Hell the state of Illinois "upped" my unemployment compensation percentage I'd pay for an employee .6% for calandar year 2012 from 2011. Now this doesn't affect me none because I no longer am an employer, but the politicians just don't see the problem being blinded by their own programs they are fighting to pay for. They don't understand the phylosophy of "living within one's own means".

This bullshit has to stop.

Rob

• Like 1

Hey Rob they don't think.

The Post Office is in the process of cutting as many of it's employees as they can back to 30 or 36 hour a week and expecting us to be thankfull for getting to work 6 days a week.

I have been back a year now and wish I were still out on the road like I was last time I visited with you.

I still have that box I need to get to you.

Bob

Edited by bobgil

Bob Gil

If it an't a Mack could it really be a truck???

Hey Rob they don't think.

The Post Office is in the process of cutting as many of it's employees as they can back to 30 or 36 hour a week and expecting us to be thankfull for getting to work 6 days a week.

I have been back a year now and wish I were still out on the road like I was last time I visited with you.

I still have that box I need to get to you.

Bob

Hi Bob, glad to hear from you again. Been quite some time. I forgot now that I think about it to call you back when I was at the South Bend show. My apologies. Give me a call sometime, 309-219-2070. I have a different phone now and lost all my stored contacts so no longer have your number.

What I found ironic in that unemployment compensation adjustment is that in all my years of being an employer, and all the businesses I owned, operated, and managed, there was not a single chargable claim upheld against me. Had several claims due to terminations over the years, but every single one of them were adjudicated in my favor so the negative and upward adjustment is unjustified.

Rob

We build 116 trucks per day. We ship 90 - 100 trucks a day Monday - Friday, and 60-70 on Sat & Sun. Typically supplier part shortages or paint repair are reasons we don't ship per build rate.

What is the average size for an order of new trucks?

I sold 5 new CXU613 70 inch double bunk sleepers with the 455E/16210C and 3.36 ratio out of our stock trucks last month to a guy that a year ago would not even consider Mack - His drivers LOVE them - looking at 5 more this summer.

Edited by usmcjimbo

• 1 month later...

UPS order 1082 more CXU612's & 613's. We'll start building the beginning of April, around 30 a day.

Currently building some Air Products CXU sleepers, we lost them to Freightliner a few years ago.

GU production is increasing. We currently build some CXU day cabs on the same line "G" as the GU. All the CX are moving to the "H" line so the GU production will be around 40 a day. The CXU, CHU, MRU, LEU, and TD will all be built on the "H" line. We are even working Saturdays, this Saturday the entire plant will be running production on 1st shift.

The amped up production is a damn fine thing to see over here at Macungie. A few years ago things looked pretty bleak If you ask me. But thankfully Volvo hasn't "F.U.B.A.R."ed the whole company....yet. I was thrilled when I heard they were hiring a couple hundred employees and bringing back Mack production 100% to Macungie {Where it belongs!}

I was hauling stone for a pad for one of the new industrial warehouses across the street this past summer.....And they had so damn many trucks stockpiled on their property....And other properties it was amazing. As a matter of fact there was an opportunity for a picture. And I regret not taking it..... It had rained for a few days and the grounds were wet. They had so many trucks produced and waiting to ship they started storing them on the grassy areas of the complex. Well it was a muddy mess and it looked like these guys were having an off-road competition with these brand new trucks. Mud slung everywhere as they were literally stuck in the mud in the grassy edges of the fenced in complex.

Compared to the general outlook of Mack not long ago....to seeing that just last summer was a proud proud moment for me. Not to mention I was cruising by in my own Granite tri-axle....10 feet tall and bulletproof.

Now all we need is for this country to get its collective shit together and stop selling out all of OUR companies that made this country great to overseas entities in pursuit of the almighty dollar all the while screwing their fellow Americans out of future employment and greatness that this country has known. :clock_logo:

• Like 1

The problem we are seeing with Mack building so many trucks is that all the parts are going to the factory and the PDC's (parts distubrution centers) dont have the parts we need to fix the older MP engines. Here lately we have had to get parts pulled off the assembly line to fix the trucks we have broke down. While we can always get these parts it takes an extra day to get them to us. Other that that keep on building!

The problem we are seeing with Mack building so many trucks is that all the parts are going to the factory and the PDC's (parts distubrution centers) dont have the parts we need to fix the older MP engines. Here lately we have had to get parts pulled off the assembly line to fix the trucks we have broke down. While we can always get these parts it takes an extra day to get them to us. Other that that keep on building!

I wondered about that. We have an '08 MP7 that has been plagued with issues lately and it sits for days before being repaired. Our shops are not setup to stock very many parts and the company is into that "just in time" nonsense. It's even a problem to get wiper blades sometimes, let alone a dealer part.

Jim

I heard from a friend that has a friend still over at Groendyke tanklines that they bought 170+ Macks. Give or take. They had 5 in circulation they where trying and after no problems they are getting rid of there cornbinders

I see that Sharkey Transportation of Quincy Il has been getting trucks in almost weekly.They must have a large order placed.Any word on this?

Don't know if it still holds true,LSI,back in '88 I looked at a truck at Quincy Mack.The salesman told me that Sharkey owned Quincy Mack. What better way to get a deal on parts,service and trucks,right?

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

Don't know if it still holds true,LSI,back in '88 I looked at a truck at Quincy Mack.The salesman told me that Sharkey owned Quincy Mack. What better way to get a deal on parts,service and trucks,right?

There's a website named "Manta" that lists the President of Quincy mack as Jack Sharkey.

Jim