Mp7 Fuel Problems

Fran3682821

I have a 2007 mack granite with a MP7 motor. I bought this truck at a auction in Florida in Febuary this year. I've had problems with sand in the fuel tanks its been blocking up my fuel filters steady. I removed the fuel tanks twice alraedy and pressure steam cleaned them, I also cleaned out all the fuel lines leading from the tank to the fuel filters. I neary have to change the fuel filters every month. This truck is originally from Gerogia I wonder if trucks from the southern states have this problem because of the fine sand or someone played a bad trick on me.My truck also seemed to have lost a bit of power since the first time the fuel filters blocked up. Is it possible for sand to get through the secondary filter and damage an injector?

I have a 2007 mack granite with a MP7 motor. I bought this truck at a auction in Florida in Febuary this year. I've had problems with sand in the fuel tanks its been blocking up my fuel filters steady. I removed the fuel tanks twice alraedy and pressure steam cleaned them, I also cleaned out all the fuel lines leading from the tank to the fuel filters. I neary have to change the fuel filters every month. This truck is originally from Gerogia I wonder if trucks from the southern states have this problem because of the fine sand or someone played a bad trick on me.My truck also seemed to have lost a bit of power since the first time the fuel filters blocked up. Is it possible for sand to get through the secondary filter and damage an injector?

I wouldn't expect the sand to get past the filters. I would be more concerned with moisture remaining in the tanks from when you pressure washed them. When changing your filters install them dry and use the hand primer on the filter housing to prime them before starting the engine, that way all of the fuel is filtered and there is less chance for contamination while installing them. Did you check the lines running from the ECU cooling plate back to the filter housing for debris? There is a tendency for contaminants in the fuel system to get stuck at the connection points on the cooling plate.

"Mebbe I'm too ugly and stupid to give up!"

I always buy clean fuel from the same place I also have another truck that tanks there a GMC General and there is never a problem with dirt in the fuel. Unless there is dirt stuck in the seams of the fuel tanks that I don't see and when I work on rough roads it shakes loose. I can't understand it, my driver drains the collection glass every night after work sometimes there is allot of dirt and sometimes there is none. We also add fuel conditioner regularily.