2004 Vision Aux. Power Switches

On a 2004 vision sleeper cab tractor:

I'm trying to locate terminal points that are fed by the two aux. electrical power switches (battery symbol on one, key symbol on the other). I understand that the key symbol switch only provides power with the key on, and the battery symbol switch provides power at any time.

I want to use these switches to power certain items on a trailer. It seems they each have a power supply wire coming into them, and another wire feeding back out....Where does that outfeed wire go???

On the firewall, there is a terminal/stud bar arrangement that feeds the seven-wire trailer cord. This bar has 3 additional studs. I was hoping two of these additional three studs were powered by the two aux. switches....but so far, I've been unable to get any power at these studs with a test light.

Can anyone tell me if I'm on the right track?

On a 2004 vision sleeper cab tractor:

I'm trying to locate terminal points that are fed by the two aux. electrical power switches (battery symbol on one, key symbol on the other). I understand that the key symbol switch only provides power with the key on, and the battery symbol switch provides power at any time.

I want to use these switches to power certain items on a trailer. It seems they each have a power supply wire coming into them, and another wire feeding back out....Where does that outfeed wire go???

On the firewall, there is a terminal/stud bar arrangement that feeds the seven-wire trailer cord. This bar has 3 additional studs. I was hoping two of these additional three studs were powered by the two aux. switches....but so far, I've been unable to get any power at these studs with a test light.

Can anyone tell me if I'm on the right track?

You should be working with circuits 30 (ignition feed) and 61 (battery feed). I assume you have located the switch connectors in the dash. If you look on the edges of the switch connectors you should see numbers identifying the cavities of the connector. Cavity #4 on both connectors is the power out of the switch. The wires should be identified as 30-B-2.0 for the ignition feed and 61-B-2.0 for the battery feed. I believe these wires each terminate in a single pin connector that is brown, you will probably need to search through the harness to find these connectors. They should be on the right side of the cab somewhere in front of the bracket that holds the power relays. They should have plastic tags identifying them as spare ign. and spare batt. switch connectors and the wires going into them should have the same numbers printed on them as the wires coming out of the switch connectors. Another option would be to remove the terminals from the #4 cavitys of the switch connector, run wire into the cab as needed and crimp new terminals (925AM118) onto the wire which would be inserted into the #4 cavity.

"Mebbe I'm too ugly and stupid to give up!"

Thank you.. Yes, the numbers you mentioned were what I found on the outfeed wires. I'll check in the area ahead of the power relays for their termination point. Connecting new wires to the back of the switches will work too, just trying to determine where the current wires terminate.

Thanks so much again for pointing me in the right direction.