Whole Lotta Shakin' Going On

I've been a Mack driver and Mack fan for sometime now, but I recently had the displeasure of driving a 2005 Vision day cab that was leased from Ryder. A very nice truck, pretty fast, nice ride, smooth shifting 9 spd, ice cold A/C, But what is up with the hood? It slides all over the place. I stopped a few times thinking it wasn't latched down. It had rub marks on the cowl from sliding back and forth. When I fueled up at Ryder, I asked the attendant if this particular tractor was in an accident and the hood was replaced. I was told all Visions do this. Maybe Mack needs to hire better engineers,instead of Volvo's rejects. Volvo builds a nice truck, but they will never understand the Bulldog heritage. Dumb Swedes.

• 2 months later...
I've been a Mack driver and Mack fan for sometime now, but I recently had the displeasure of driving a 2005 Vision day cab that was leased from Ryder.  A very nice truck, pretty fast, nice ride, smooth shifting 9 spd, ice cold A/C, But what is up with the hood? It slides all over the place. I stopped a few times thinking it wasn't latched down.  It had rub marks on the cowl from sliding back and forth. When I fueled up at Ryder, I asked the attendant if this particular tractor was in an accident and the hood was replaced.  I was told all Visions do this.  Maybe Mack needs to hire better engineers,instead of Volvo's rejects.  Volvo builds a nice truck, but they will never understand the Bulldog heritage.  Dumb Swedes.