Ch Steel Bumper?

I've run over a few deer over the years but this time I don't think I can fix and save bumper. Don't want to spend too much but will compromise with something I like. Don't anyone know or point in the right direction where I could get a steel bumper for a Ch613 sba. Or would settle for a cheap plastic one.

i was surfing and found after market bumper for less than $500 my truck has one on it they are not curved they have strait ones and angled back like mine, looks kinda like a cl bumper. google chrome for mack trucks. hope this helps.

I have a heavy steel bumper on my cl,it was on the truck when I bought it but I know the previous owner had it made by a steel shop,pretty simple for them to do you just need to give them the measurements or maybe your old bumper. post-598-12640363206313_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

if you guys are still looking for one i have 2 curved bumpers 1 looks like it is made for a mack like gambis and 1 looks like it fits a IH they are heavy duty home made from 1/8 or 1/4inch steel not really sure (snowing too much to check them out close) i dont realy know what they fit got them with in a lot of misc parts someone gave to the vol fire dept im on. they look real good someone knew what they were doin when they built them if you get me some measure ments i will check them out will let them go cheap if they will work. they (wont fit anything we have). will try to get some pics if i can figure out how to do it (may have to get the wife or kids to post them)joe

Edited by joes mack

i went out and checked the bumpers yesterday and they are made out of 3/16 sheet metal and have rubber conveyor belt riveted to them they eaven have extra brackets and bolts with them i took pics but cant get them to post so i will try something else. joe

I have a heavy steel bumper on my cl,it was on the truck when I bought it but I know the previous owner had it made by a steel shop,pretty simple for them to do you just need to give them the measurements or maybe your old bumper. post-598-12640363206313_thumb.jpg

That's exactly what I did on the CH tractor that I made into a dump truck, the original plastic bumper hung down too low for off road work.

"If You Can't Shift It Smoothly, You Shouldn't Be Driving It"

Just call a "crop shop" and tell them to put two bends (with a break) on a sheet of steel(1/4"). notch in a couple of wings and weld er up. About 250 bucks all said and done. just change the mounting plates to 1/2" and they'll hold well. four deer and two elk, slight bend in the middle, little tremclad, and the dealer still wanted to know where I bought it. Don't shell out an grand , 250 steel and 750 welder, and the welder doesn't hit deer much...

Adam