moncalee

Lightning Bolt Light

10 posts in this topic

I just got transfered to a 07 Mack Vision about a month ago and now there is a light coming on in the insturment pannel. Called the dealership and they are unsure what it is.... Anyone have any ideas? The truck is running fine, no issues. Just have no clue what the light means.

Electrical/Electronic malfunction.

Best thing is bring to dealer, let them hook up computer. It will read the code and determine problem.

OR, with cruise control off, press the set button. Bolt will flash in a series. Count flashes (like 8-3) IF you have the manual, it will tell problem. Or ask here. these guys can diagnose the problem and the fix.

Too bad they wont come out and fix for ya

By the way- :WELCOME:

1 person likes this

I just got transfered to a 07 Mack Vision about a month ago and now there is a light coming on in the insturment pannel. Called the dealership and they are unsure what it is.... Anyone have any ideas? The truck is running fine, no issues. Just have no clue what the light means.

If your dealer didn't know what that light was all about, then you need to go to another dealer. I wouldn't trust them to work on the truck. Either they are clueless or they blew you off. Both would disqualify them from earning your business.

1 person likes this

I just bought a 2005 Granite CV713, and my Lightning Bolt light comes on when under load. Took to Mack Dealer outside New Orleans, LA, and they put a computer on the truck that said it was a "humidity sensor".

I agree with the prior posts... If your dealer cannot tell you what the problem is, the DEALER may be a problem.

Either they really DO NOT know (which is not good), OR, they were blowing you off.

Check the coolant level in both the upper reservoir and lower. One of the sensors may become exposed and trigger the lightning bolt. The bolt itself means electronic malfunction.

Could it cause break down in future 

Do you think it's more intenal as in the engine.

you need to get the code to know. without the code, it could be anything

Edited by tjc transport

My fuel gauge acts up and I get the lighting bolt the code says low fuel  when it has 100 gal in the tank best to do the blink code check