Lightning Bolt Light

I just got transfered to a 07 Mack Vision about a month ago and now there is a light coming on in the insturment pannel. Called the dealership and they are unsure what it is.... Anyone have any ideas? The truck is running fine, no issues. Just have no clue what the light means.

Electrical/Electronic malfunction.

Best thing is bring to dealer, let them hook up computer. It will read the code and determine problem.

OR, with cruise control off, press the set button. Bolt will flash in a series. Count flashes (like 8-3) IF you have the manual, it will tell problem. Or ask here. these guys can diagnose the problem and the fix.

Too bad they wont come out and fix for ya

By the way- :WELCOME:

• Like 1

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

I just got transfered to a 07 Mack Vision about a month ago and now there is a light coming on in the insturment pannel. Called the dealership and they are unsure what it is.... Anyone have any ideas? The truck is running fine, no issues. Just have no clue what the light means.

If your dealer didn't know what that light was all about, then you need to go to another dealer. I wouldn't trust them to work on the truck. Either they are clueless or they blew you off. Both would disqualify them from earning your business.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I just bought a 2005 Granite CV713, and my Lightning Bolt light comes on when under load. Took to Mack Dealer outside New Orleans, LA, and they put a computer on the truck that said it was a "humidity sensor".

I agree with the prior posts... If your dealer cannot tell you what the problem is, the DEALER may be a problem.

Either they really DO NOT know (which is not good), OR, they were blowing you off.

Steve Z

Logistixx Transport, LLC

Port of New Orleans, LA

• 5 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
5 hours ago, tjc transport said:

maybe it means the truck is possessed by the spirit of harry potter.  :lol:

Or Sven Van Potter

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

On ‎10‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 8:19 PM, j hancock said:

The legend of the lightning bolt on modern trucks will live on forever!

Agreed, its a modern Icon who determines how your day is going to go...…….

You key up, it does it's "dash flash" bulb check, it goes out, you start the engine and then you stare at it hoping it doesn't come back on once the engines up

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

The mass ground point inside dash on driver side A pillar. Clean and check your grounds.

At least that's what it was on my 2000 CH when I used to have it. Always had the malfunction light coming on and off and the truck randomly shutting off and starting right back up while driving down the highway.

Dealer never could figure it out. They changed all kinds of harnesses and ecm. Was just the mass ground. Found out many years later.

• 2 years later...

I have an 09 mack cxu613 mp8. I have a stop light and bolt on the dash. After I put it in 8th gear it slowly raises with little power empty. Does anyone have any ideas? The dpf button is flashing also but it doesn't work.

On 7/1/2022 at 11:29 PM, Jbird said:

I have an 09 mack cxu613 mp8. I have a stop light and bolt on the dash. After I put it in 8th gear it slowly raises with little power empty. Does anyone have any ideas? The dpf button is flashing also but it doesn't work.

lightning bolt means there are diagnostic trouble codes in the computer. 

parking brake on, engine on, cruise control off. press cruise button down to resume and let go. 

count the flashes of the lightning bolt. it should give you a two number code. 

with that number, you can then find out what the problem is. 

• Like 1

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..