Sunvisors

Welcome to the forums.

There has been talk before about trying to get visors made, other then the plastic "Lund" model. I'm for it.

Phantom309 has built his own aluminum version and it turned out awesome. I've had the same idea, but lacked the tools to build it. Now, if I could just sweet talk Jim into making me one? LOL!!

Follow this link and watch his build. The visor is a couple pages in.

http://www.bigmacktrucks.com/index.php?showtopic=6853&st=0

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

I came across a picture of a really nice B model with a visor similar to the one we built...

jan.jpg

Here's the one we built...

309176cre.jpg

The visor itself is pretty simple but was a pretty time consuming job to get the brackets right.

I think someone should build a bunch of these things,,, but not me,,, someone else. :D

Jim

But Jim.......look how easily it takes care of your Xmas present to me this year......... :banana:

Please............pretty please................ :P

:D

Ok, seriously....... I think that version was available down under? Doesn't Darian have one like that on his dump truck? Wasn't Barry trying to work a deal to get them up here?

Larry

they look so good!!! i totally need one now!! maybe peterbilt style 1/4 of the way down the front window.

WTF????????????

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Ohhhhhhh, man. Don't go making comparisons with Pete "gansta bling" LOL!!!

Next thing we'll see is 12" sewer pipe stacks :pat:

You'll have all the diehard Mack guys cringing.........

(It's your truck, do as you see fit. Don't let the rib'n get to you)

Larry

haha its a jersey thing you guys wouldnt understand haha. we shall see how it looks when i get it done. and it only has 5" stacks!! but a whole lotta chrome!!!! hence the reason for the sunvisor! if there were a category for diehard mack guy i would be in it!! the first truck i ever drove/owned was a b61 mack!!!

I came across a picture of a really nice B model with a visor similar to the one we built...

jan.jpg

Hello Jim,

well the B you see in the picture is mine now and is in the Netherlands. It came from Canada and i was told that a guy made only 3 of these sunvisors. He would have made more but he became very busy because he 's making sunvisors for Western star now. Was your b a former firetruck? if so than i saw the truck in Teeswater! and that's the town where my Mack came from!

greetings Jan :thumb:

Here's the one we built...

309176cre.jpg

The visor itself is pretty simple but was a pretty time consuming job to get the brackets right.

I think someone should build a bunch of these things,,, but not me,,, someone else. :D

Jim

Hello Jim,

well the B you see in the picture is mine now and is in the Netherlands. It came from Canada and i was told that a guy made only 3 of these sunvisors. He would have made more but he became very busy because he 's making sunvisors for Western star now. Was your b a former firetruck? if so than i saw the truck in Teeswater! and that's the town where my Mack came from!

greetings Jan

Jan, It sure is a small world. Yes we did get the truck in Teeswater and yes it was a fire engine. I remember the guy we got it from saying there was another Mack guy in town.

Your Mack looks great!!! In fact, we seriously considered painting the one we've got a similar color but decided to go with blue because it matched the race car.

Ok, seriously....... I think that version was available down under? Doesn't Darian have one like that on his dump truck? Wasn't Barry trying to work a deal to get them up here?

This is the guy (Ken)

www.hy-waysunvisors.com.au

I purchased one for my B61 years ago.

I think his email is hywaysunvisors@ozemail.com.au

Rod.

Proud owner of;

1961 Mack B61 prime mover.

1981 International ACCO 1810C DualCab Fire Truck

• 7 years later...

Just FYI. I went to the truck salvage yard and got a S.S. viser of a wrecked Peterbuilt for $100 that was in like new condition. It was to wide and the angle in the center was wrong. I mounted one side on my 58 B model where it fit best. The mounts had the correct angle and mounted with the bottom edge at the top edge of the windshield rubber. I then pulled a string from my bulldog over the viser  to the center of the clearence light because it was to long and had the wrong angle and marked it according to the where the string lied, I cut the viser 3/4" long and bent it down like the original bend where i had marked it. I re-drilled the holes and did the same with the passenger side. I bolted it back together in the center and remounted it I then trimmed the outside to match the rain gutter and bolted it to the cab. It turned out great. My wife thought it was a brand new one I had ordered.

6 hours ago, FUGLEY said:

Just FYI. I went to the truck salvage yard and got a S.S. viser of a wrecked Peterbuilt for $100 that was in like new condition. It was to wide and the angle in the center was wrong. I mounted one side on my 58 B model where it fit best. The mounts had the correct angle and mounted with the bottom edge at the top edge of the windshield rubber. I then pulled a string from my bulldog over the viser  to the center of the clearence light because it was to long and had the wrong angle and marked it according to the where the string lied, I cut the viser 3/4" long and bent it down like the original bend where i had marked it. I re-drilled the holes and did the same with the passenger side. I bolted it back together in the center and remounted it I then trimmed the outside to match the rain gutter and bolted it to the cab. It turned out great. My wife thought it was a brand new one I had ordered.

Picture please.