Setting Valves On E7 460 With Jakes

Im unsure about timing marks for setting the valves on my 99 E7 460. There are no marks on the dampner and the two notched teeth in the flywheel are visible through timing cover however when they show #1 is on exhaust. My question is if I put the engine on #1 TDC can I just mark the dampner then mark it 120 degrees twice from there? Also how do I know if this engine is a dynatard and if it is dont I need to go 30 degrees after TDC to set the valves? The bridges are set at TDC correct? Im also wondering if anyone can tell me why the expansion plug on the front side of the rocker arm shaft on both heads fell out could this be a factor in low oil pressure 14 at idle 50 at W.O.T Any help is greatly appreciated. Cant afford Mack dealer these days

Thanks, Brad

Im unsure about timing marks for setting the valves on my 99 E7 460. There are no marks on the dampner and the two notched teeth in the flywheel are visible through timing cover however when they show #1 is on exhaust. My question is if I put the engine on #1 TDC can I just mark the dampner then mark it 120 degrees twice from there? Also how do I know if this engine is a dynatard and if it is dont I need to go 30 degrees after TDC to set the valves? The bridges are set at TDC correct? Im also wondering if anyone can tell me why the expansion plug on the front side of the rocker arm shaft on both heads fell out could this be a factor in low oil pressure 14 at idle 50 at W.O.T Any help is greatly appreciated. Cant afford Mack dealer these days

Thanks, Brad

The valve set marks are marked on the fly wheel remove the cover on the very bottom of the flywheel housing rotate the engine till you see set valves 1-6 5-2 3-4 dead center in the window set in firing order 153624 yokes set with valves push down on the yoke turn the scre till it contacts the one flat beyond touching.

16 inlet 24 ehast 15 on the jake!

Im also wondering if anyone can tell me why the expansion plug on the front side of the rocker arm shaft on both heads fell out could this be a factor in low oil pressure 14 at idle 50

Likley the jake won,t work either.

The valve set marks are marked on the fly wheel remove the cover on the very bottom of the flywheel housing rotate the engine till you see set valves 1-6 5-2 3-4 dead center in the window set in firing order 153624 yokes set with valves push down on the yoke turn the scre till it contacts the one flat beyond touching.

16 inlet 24 ehast 15 on the jake!

Im also wondering if anyone can tell me why the expansion plug on the front side of the rocker arm shaft on both heads fell out could this be a factor in low oil pressure 14 at idle 50

Likley the jake won,t work either.

Ok I looked again and I have no marks on the flywheel. That is why Im unsure where to start? :(

Ok I looked again and I have no marks on the flywheel. That is why Im unsure where to start? sad.gif

Brad

Did you find the tc marks? If those are there so are are the valve set marks!Someone set the valves on it some time they have to be there.Anyway pull the lids look for valve overlap on #6 that will give you a rough idea where to look for marks No# 1 valves will be closed if valves are rocking on six!You can pretty much do a valve set on valve over lap if your stuck.