Wiring 2007 Mack Mr Stereo

I have a 2007 MACK MR Cabover concrete pump truck and i am trying to figure out the wiring the stereo.....Somebody decidied to cut the stock wiring harness on it....so now i have a bunch of white wires all bundled together and one black wire....assuming that black wire it hot wire all help is appreicated thanks

mike

I have a 2007 MACK MR Cabover concrete pump truck and i am trying to figure out the wiring the stereo.....Somebody decidied to cut the stock wiring harness on it....so now i have a bunch of white wires all bundled together and one black wire....assuming that black wire it hot wire all help is appreicated thanks

mike

Get yourself a multimeter. One wire will have power when the key is off (to maintain radio presets and the time setting). One wire will have power when you turn the key on (powers on the stereo). I would guess the black wire would go to ground...but trace it to be sure. If you find the two power wires, you can run a new wire to the chassis to ground it. The other wires likely go to the speakers. Most hard-core car audio guys will tell you to run new wires to the speakers instead of using the stock speaker wire...so those really don't matter if you choose to do that.

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

awesome i will get back to you once i get to work and get that info i know for a fact they are MR's not the MRU's I think model number was like MR 668? or something along them lines thanks alot i knew someone would have that

mike

It never ceases to amaze me that when someone decides to replace a stock radio with an aftermarket radio, they cut the wiring on the harness side of the connector.

In that situation it makes much more sense to cut on the radio side of the connector and hook up the aftermarket radio, that way in the future you can just unplug the connector and plug in another radio with the Mack connector on it if you want.

I've run into that situation before on used trucks that I bought. It's not that hard to figure out the wiring, but it's much easier to just plug in if the connector is still there.

"If You Can't Shift It Smoothly, You Shouldn't Be Driving It"