I Just bought a 1975 RL700L on Monday. I can't wait to tear into it. It's got a nice sounding ENDT866 375 V8 in it. Its the first time I have heard one since I was about five years old. It has a single aluminum frame that is corroded really bad. So I bought it for parts. I'm gonna take the motor out and pull the pan and check it out. Then I'll put a bearing kit in it and replace the front and rear main seals. My plan is to put the motor in my 1977 RS700L. The parts truck has been sitting since 88' is their anything else I should do to the motor before I put it in my 77'? It doesnt look like its going to be too hard to swap motors. I know I'm going to mess somthing up in the wiring since it has positve ground.

Link to pictures: http://photobucket.com/albums/a125/topfuel...?action=options

Nice lookin machine there! Looks almost like the Rubber Duck!

As far as the engine, I would check all the exhaust gaskets and lock rings while it is out. Lot easier to work on exhaust when it is out of the truck.

bmodel_logo.png
Barry - Watt's Truck Center Parts Manager and BMT Webmaster...1-888-304-MACK

looks like it was a sweet truck before the corrosion got to it. That trunion looks like it would tear off the frame under a hard pull LOL. Does the truck have any story behind it that you know?

Yea I think the frame would break off behind the sleeper. :P The guy I bought the truck from said the people who had it before him got it reposesed because they owed a good bit of money for motor work. So he bought it and wanted to make it a over the road truck. :blink: Since the frame was corroded on his truck he bugged my father to buy my truck. So we almost sold my truck to him because he wanted to swap motors. Luckly he didnt come back to buy it. The motor must be destine for my truck. He also told me the previous owner used to haul 120,000 pounds with that single aluminum frame. I dont think I would have wanted that much weight on a single frame. I would love to see some pics of it when it was new. Thats all I know about it.

Scott