Mack Dealersip?

1987 was before all of these ridiculous lawsuits prompted manufacturers to place those silly little warning stickers describing every possible way a clueless idiot could ever find to injure themselves...and BECAUSE that sticker warning of the danger posed by a spinning shaft, this former major league pitcher (who's career was ironically cut short by INJURY) killed himself and somehow the 22 year old truck (with NO history of killing anybody prior to this knucklehead) is defective? If I were on the jury, I'd have a tough time keeping a straight face when they laid out that argument.

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

1987 was before all of these ridiculous lawsuits prompted manufacturers to place those silly little warning stickers describing every possible way a clueless idiot could ever find to injure themselves...and BECAUSE that sticker warning of the danger posed by a spinning shaft, this former major league pitcher (who's career was ironically cut short by INJURY) killed himself and somehow the 22 year old truck (with NO history of killing anybody prior to this knucklehead) is defective? If I were on the jury, I'd have a tough time keeping a straight face when they laid out that argument.

Can you say "dumb $hit"?

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"

Yeah, like none of us has ever done a stupid thing like engaging the pto to see why it isn't working correctly while being way to close to the spinning shaft. Just because the widow is looking for the deep pockets doesn't make the deceased the bad guy.

No one's death, especially by accident at a young age, should be desecrated by such comments.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

My comment was referring to the absurdity of entertaining the notion that a truck manufacturer could be responsible for selling a "defective" piece of machinery because it took 22 years of service before it finally managed to hurt somebody who exercised a total lapse in good judgment and common sense. It would be like my friend who was patching a leaky fuel tank on his '77 T-bird, gas running up his arm AND A LIT CIGARRETTE HANGING FROM HIS LIPS...it would be like his family sueing Ford if his dumb decision had caused the car to blow up. Yeah, we were all standing about 3 properties away watching him do it after he failed to heed our warning that smoking and fuel tank repairs may not be a good combination. Yeah, we ALL have brain farts...attempting to hold others accountable for your own failures is where I have the problem.

• Like 1
When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

From what I know, In the Fall of 1884 I went to the local Mack dealership (Morse Mack Sales and Service) to purchase a new RD Mack and they told me it would be more than 6

months to get anything from the factory (Renault involved at that time). I was able to get the truck I wanted from a New Hampshire dealer. Around the late 80's Morse became

Ballard Mack, and I believe Ballard is owned by Morse and at one time owned a Chrysler/AMC dealership. I don't believe the lawsuit has any thing to do with the change in the

dealership, except Morse sold the truck.

FW

From what I know, In the Fall of 1884 I went to the local Mack dealership (Morse Mack Sales and Service) to purchase a new RD Mack and they told me it would be more than 6months to get anything from the factory (Renault involved at that time). I was able to get the truck I wanted from a New Hampshire dealer. Around the late 80's Morse becameBallard Mack, and I believe Ballard is owned by Morse and at one time owned a Chrysler/AMC dealership. I don't believe the lawsuit has any thing to do with the change in thedealership, except Morse sold the truck.FW

An how old did you say you was?? Lol

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Just found my Mack dealer book...yippee!!! Now I can sleep at night.

The book is dated 1990 and lists Ballard (442 Southwest Cutoff) as the dealer in Worchester, MA. However I just snagged a 1974/75 Dealer directory on eBay and it lists Worchester Mack Sales and Service (420 Southwest Cutoff). Both have the same phone number.

Ken

PRR Country and Charter member of the "Mack Pack"