truck has a bad vibration

Don't tighten up your gearbox, if your having a vibration its more than likely a balance issue. What kind of vibration, thru the steering wheel, feel it thru the seat?

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"

It felt like the drive shaft, but everything is tight and normal. Sometimes the vibes come and go. It did seem to start around the time of the accident. I have some play in my tie rods that connect the wheels together too, that with play inside the box I guess is my problem? The thing of it though is my steering wheel still stays sstraight if I let go, so that's the mystery to me.

Thanks for the responses. 2stacksuperdog was close, the pinion on the back of my transmission has a bad bearing? I was about to take the drive shaft off and go through the gears to see if it was inside there, but as I was going on my first bolt, I noticed the pinion had lots of slop in it, and the seal is bad too, (truck leaks everything, everywhere) So does anyone know how much this project will suck? I noticed four bolts going around the pinion, is it as simple as taking the yoke off and pulling the plate off to get the bear(s) replaced? or does the entire back half with all the counter shaft bearings and stuff come off too? estimated time frame? Its a Spicer 10 speed transmission as well (Spicer SD-PS-10) and I cant find any pictures of the back half taken off, so anyone that can tell me anything, please don't hold out. Thanks

• Like 1

Most of the time its just the back bearing since it gets less oil, I just swapped the one in my 9 speed. No big deal really you don't even have to pull the output shaft if it's just the back bearing, just pop the yoke off, pull the speedo housing and pull the back bearing, re install new bearing, speedo housing gasket and output seal, yoke and drive line.

"Any Society that would give up a little LIBERTY to gain a little SECURITY will Deserve Neither and LOSE BOTH" -Benjamin Franklin

"If your gonna be STUPID, you gotta be TOUGH"

"You cant always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you get what you need"