Mack Show

skip

Gday all. I was wondering if someone can help me out. A friend of ours mentioned to us about a possible all-Mack show over in the USA next year. Unfortunately he passed away suddenly at the end of last year and we havent heard too much about it since as he had the information. So I was wondering if there is such a show and if anyone has any info on it. Thanks everyone. Skip :mack1:

There is a few Mack shows on the East coast. Not sure which one he might have mentioned?

Watt's is having a get together in the fall, then there is the Lititz show.

Might want to keep an eye on the "truck show" forum. That will have the updated shows coming up this year.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Gday all. I was wondering if someone can help me out. A friend of ours mentioned to us about a possible all-Mack show over in the USA next year. Unfortunately he passed away suddenly at the end of last year and we havent heard too much about it since as he had the information. So I was wondering if there is such a show and if anyone has any info on it. Thanks everyone. Skip :mack1:

Skip:

It may have been Roger Gerhard's one day all Mack Show usually held on the first Saturday of October in Lititz, PA. Go to page 4 of the gallery for some pictures from last year's 18th annual show.

Best regards,

John

I just rec'd the poster advertising the, All - Mack Meet at Gerhart Equipment, October 3 & 4, 2008. Roger Gerhart hosts the show every year at his facility in Lititz, PA. It is a do-not-miss if you are a true :mack1: fan. Last year our friends from the Netherlands came back over just to come to this show.

The other show that is heavily populated with :mack1: Trucks is the Antique Truck Club of America National Meet. This year it is June 13 & 14 at Macungie Park in Macungie, PA. This is what most say is the best antique truck show in the world. The 2007 show had nearly 600 trucks, 300 flea-market spaces and a Friday night family reunion / picnic that was fan-truckin'-tastic. Due to the fact that this National Meet is held in :mack1: Trucks backyard, the bulk of the trucks are :mack1: . Without every attending the ATCA Meet there is no way you can truly call yourself an antique truck enthusiast!

There are photos from the ATCA National Meets here on this site as well as the ATCA site. Check them out, this one is a BLAST!!

When you make you plans, be sure to send me a message so I can help steer you to areas of interest.

Doug

Interested in Old Trucks? Check out:

www.antiquetruckclubofamerica.org

I just rec'd the poster advertising the, All - Mack Meet at Gerhart Equipment, October 3 & 4, 2008. Roger Gerhart hosts the show every year at his facility in Lititz, PA. It is a do-not-miss if you are a true :mack1: fan. Last year our friends from the Netherlands came back over just to come to this show.

The other show that is heavily populated with :mack1: Trucks is the Antique Truck Club of America National Meet. This year it is June 13 & 14 at Macungie Park in Macungie, PA. This is what most say is the best antique truck show in the world. The 2007 show had nearly 600 trucks, 300 flea-market spaces and a Friday night family reunion / picnic that was fan-truckin'-tastic. Due to the fact that this National Meet is held in :mack1: Trucks backyard, the bulk of the trucks are :mack1: . Without every attending the ATCA Meet there is no way you can truly call yourself an antique truck enthusiast!

There are photos from the ATCA National Meets here on this site as well as the ATCA site. Check them out, this one is a BLAST!!

When you make you plans, be sure to send me a message so I can help steer you to areas of interest.

Doug

Thanks very much Doug. They both sound like unmissable shows. I will find out what I can from this end and let you know. It is a pity that there is not an all Mack show out here in Australia. One thing I really want to see is a twin turbo 864. Do you know of any over there? Anyway mate that isnt important at this stage, I will find out what I can. Thanks again mate, Skip.

:mack1: hello skip you have the transport hall of fame show in alice springs i have heard that that is a good show and i now on 28 august 2010 there must be an anneversery show whit 1000 trucks we are going to try to go to that show and look for a lot of old dogs greetings rene

:mack1: hello skip you have the transport hall of fame show in alice springs i have heard that that is a good show and i now on 28 august 2010 there must be an anneversery show whit 1000 trucks we are going to try to go to that show and look for a lot of old dogs greetings rene

Gday Mackboy, you are right, that is THE best show in Australia, its on every year but its huge every 5 years. We had our F model there in 2005 and it was a great show. There were about 35 B models there. The rest of the shows out here are fairly small and have all diferent makes and models. Its great that youve heard about Alice though. Cheers mate, Skip. :mack1:

Oddly enough there have been a few twin turbo V-8's surfacing lately. I can't verify that there will be one at a show, but I would think if one does come out, it will be at The ATCA Mational Meet or the All-Mack Meet.

A friend in Virginia recently acquired an F-model with one in it. There was an R700 on eBay over the past few weeks with one in it. That listing had several good photos of the engine.

Doug

Interested in Old Trucks? Check out:

www.antiquetruckclubofamerica.org