2007 Mack Vision Wont start

Krazy_Kvin

Help!

I have a 2007 mack cxn613 with the Grey Mack engine in it. The truck was running fine and we had the driver go on vacation for 1 week and when we came back the truck will not start.

It cranks hard but will not turn over... When we crank it White Smoke comes out the exhaust. The only Yellow lightning bolt code we are getting is 2-9 which is a humidity sensor. ( i do not believe this would stop it from starting). We have primed the lines and pulled them while cranking to make sure the pump is working correctly. The batteries are all new and the voltage is good. Im Kinda dead in the water with idea's. Does anyone have a Troubleshooting checklist or ideas for this situation??

Edited by Krazy_Kvin

Make sure you got fuel in the tank s and noone has syphoned it off on you! you might give it a (small) sniff of ether( starting fluid) see if it will light off on that!It sounds like its getting fuel if your geting some smoke!

Also have you loosened any fuel lines loosen at least two fuel lines at the head and prime till you get fuel at both then crank they can be real bears to get started sometimes.Once you got two cyls firing the rest will follow up the rear!

Need to make sure you have fuel psi while cranking the fuel supply pumps do fail also need to make sure ecu connection is clean the low coolant sensor is bad about leaking coolant into wire harness which then follows down into the engine ecu somtimes cause a no start issue but I would put my money on it being a fuel psi issue. When the pumps fail its the gear that winds up slipping on the shaft .

Does the primer get firm when your priming if not as stax has pointed out the transfer pumps can fail on a moments notice!But you should be able to get it to atleast light off for a second or so, also as stax mentioned pull the plugs on the ecu and check for coolant fairely common issue.

• 3 years later...