Brockway crash truck

mike69mackman

I live about 15 miles from Scranton. The banana truck was pretty bad after the accident. I never heard any stories that it was saved or rebuilt. Still a ban on trucks over 21,000 lb. going down RT.307 (Moosic Street) sign says 1st low gear. Police do watch it as there is Dunkin Donuts and Chicks Diner on Moosic Street Police Cars are in those establishments day or night. Joe D.

If'n ya wanna see how to wreck a truck the proper way, ya gotta look to Texas! They just had a BAD one in Dallas. Truck jumped up onto the jersey barrier & hit a bridge support dead center....broke the bridge support & split the frame rails clear back to the drives. :o

http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/Truck-hits-overpass-on-I-30-in-Dallas-158372365.html

0610_i30_wreck14.jpg

:blink:

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

If'n ya wanna see how to wreck a truck the proper way, ya gotta look to Texas! They just had a BAD one in Dallas. Truck jumped up onto the jersey barrier & hit a bridge support dead center....broke the bridge support & split the frame rails clear back to the drives. :o

http://www.wfaa.com/...-158372365.html

0610_i30_wreck14.jpg

:blink:

That company is located between our farms here in the "Kingdom of Callaway County" - Did the driver make it?

That is bad - I did not see in the photo that the whole cab is jammed inside the trailer - my prayers go out to his family - I bet it is a local guy, when did this wreck happen?

Not trying to be funny, but if you look close the front of the sleeper just behind the stack is sticking out of the trailer, it pretty much folded the nose and cab flat...worst I have seen...the article said he was heading home...

I checked with a guy here and he said that the trailer was probably one that was sold in a big group to a mexican trucking company. He did not know anything about the wreck and he would have if it had been a company truck and trailer. I also noticed that the writing on the side of the trailer is not in red which is what the company has. I think what you can read on the trailer is only from where they removed the decals when they sold it.

I just hope it was quick for the guy.

dont know what reminded me of it,,,probably brockway but when i was a tyke,,me and my pop used to stop and eat at a truckstop,,somewhere between new york,,and boston,,and they had a brockway,and box all lit up in frorecent lights high on a post for a sign,,,does anyone remember that???

Hot damn, that one is UGLY!! Reminds me of that crash test truck where they ran it into a brick wall and the engine came out the hood. 70 mph to zero in one second. Tragic.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

• 4 weeks later...