1964 Ford F850 Fire Truck $1200

yarnall

I bought this Ford about 10 years ago. Thought I would do something with it, but I have not. I am not much of a Ford Guy. It is a 1964 F850 with a gas V8 and 5 speed. It has hydaulic brakes. Front mounted Darley pump. Hydraulic bucket lift on the back. I had it running years back, but it never ran really well. I think the tires are 9.00x20. It was originally from Willow Street, PA in Lancaster County. I am told the bought the truck as a cab and chassis and took the tanker body off an older Dodge. I would like it to find a new home. Asking $1200 OBO or full or partial trade.

Mike

post-7810-0-25374500-1336159262_thumb.jp

post-7810-0-28978200-1336159298_thumb.jp

post-7810-0-64222300-1336159335_thumb.jp

Put the pump on the Mack you just bought and sell this to a local woodchuck that wants to trim trees.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

• 2 weeks later...

It was a pretty neat truck. It was supposed to be shipped overseas before I bought it, but that fell thru. It sat around at the Montgomery Co, PA fire training school until I was told about it and bought it about 10 years ago. We got it running pretty easily, but it never had much power. I had other projects and it fell by the wayside. It looked good when I got it, but last ten years have not been easy on it. I wash job would do a lot of good, but it needs more than that. If it had air brakes I would have been more inclined to work on it. Or if it was a Chevy. The new owner has some interesting plans for it. Hopefully we will see it in its new form at shows in the future.

Mike

It was a pretty neat truck. It was supposed to be shipped overseas before I bought it, but that fell thru. It sat around at the Montgomery Co, PA fire training school until I was told about it and bought it about 10 years ago. We got it running pretty easily, but it never had much power. I had other projects and it fell by the wayside. It looked good when I got it, but last ten years have not been easy on it. I wash job would do a lot of good, but it needs more than that. If it had air brakes I would have been more inclined to work on it. Or if it was a Chevy. The new owner has some interesting plans for it. Hopefully we will see it in its new form at shows in the future.

Mike

What engine was in it? 478, or 534? Those were known for lack of power and gas consumption. They would run forever and really take a beating.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

It is a 478. It didn't even have enough power to go up a hill. Either the timing was off or it needed the carb rebuilt or both. I'm no mechanic. Maybe it was something else.

Mike

That was common for that engine. They would run a pump for hours on end trouble free, but they were terrible for on road use. They were also lucky to break five mpg in hiway use also.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

• 8 years later...
4 hours ago, Fyrhound said:

Boy! What I'd do to be able to go back and snag this up before you sold it! 

The poor thing got cut up, but I had no where to keep it. I haven’t sold much in my life and regret everyone of them.  Mike.