old dozer

1MACK1

maybe its the way the pic is angled but I think it looks way bigger than my dad's 6 looks on a lowboy. Cool pic anyhow.

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

oliver cable operated blade 24 ton ,no luxurys apart from a big love seat and straight thru exhaust that was below canopy level that needs to be fixed ,has had canopy fabricated from rhs the rest just needs tiding up by owner before I transport it up to his farm I cart a lot of old gear for this bloke dozers ,trucks ,and farm machines always old some go some dont this one was good others have been trucks that we had to tie cabin together before we could drive off will look for some photos

Carted this old oliver dozer cable blade machine back for a mate today he found it down the bottom of valley a bit hard to syart but we got it going loaded and as allways the Mack got it back with ease

I've been told that there was a lot of International TD-24's out there in Australia, are there any left?? It was one of my favorite bull's

BULLHUSK

CCHAINS USED ON MOVE WERE 13mm TRANSPORT CHAIN WITH GRAB HOOKS RATED LOAD 6.7 TON EACH WITH RATCHET TURN BUCKLES

MACHINE SAT ON TIMBER DECKING

8 CHAINS USED GIVING LASHING CAPACITY ALONE OF 53.6 TON WITHOUT TAKING INTO ACCOUNT FRICTION

CHAIN POSITIONS 2 ON BLADE

2 ON TOW HITCH

4 ON MACHINE CROSS PULLED

I THINK THAT WAS ENOUGH BETTER TO BE ON SAFE SIDE EASER TO PUT MORE ON THAN PICK UP OFF SIDE OFF ROAD

• Like 1

I got to agree on that I am thinking 5 maybe 6 or 6 maybe 5

I will solve this "size dilemna". I looked at it this way, then that, then this agin,,,,I deduce it is a 6.11743 caliber, wish i still had my spectrometer, but I ran over it with my Komatsu D-4128.996. randyp
  • Like 2

that would be the cousin of my komatsu d53a -17

hard to say with them old machines every one questimates weight but its best to weight them that way if you get pulled up at least you know your weights

over here we get 6 ton on steer / 16.5 on drive / 16.5 on boogie / 20 on tri but if you pay $74 p/a for a permit they let you put on a few more ton that machine went shade uder 24 ton dont know what model number just the brand

that would be the cousin of my komatsu d53a -17

hard to say with them old machines every one questimates weight but its best to weight them that way if you get pulled up at least you know your weights

over here we get 6 ton on steer / 16.5 on drive / 16.5 on boogie / 20 on tri but if you pay $74 p/a for a permit they let you put on a few more ton that machine went shade uder 24 ton dont know what model number just the brand

Would you describe that dozer as being "SMICK"? I still can't get anyone on here to tell me what that means..........

Would you describe that dozer as being "SMICK"? I still can't get anyone on here to tell me what that means..........

"Silly, (or Stupid) Motherfucker I Couldn't Kill" is what I've always heard.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Olive, Don't you speak English?

I try and speak the local dialect, but da wife won't let me. She had some weird idea that we should use proper english in the home. She gave "SMICK" a big thumbs down.

After getting her expert opinion on SMICK, I then got caught licking my knife and of course the kiddos started to copy it. I had to lick it, who wants the ketchup off scrambled eggs on your pancakes?

Wife took away my syrup privileges..

• Like 1