New owner of 1951 Mack LJ

1951 Mack LJ

So I just found this forum yesterday after getting home with my new project. It is a 1951 Mack LJ.

I don't have all the specs and details yet about this truck but I do know it had a 220 Cummins installed

at some point in its life. And it has the 5 and two twin stick setup with an extra 3 speed brownie after all that.

I do see myself reading a ton on here in the future and asking many questions. I will add some pictures

when I figure out how.

post-10749-0-17836000-1329625346_thumb.j

post-10749-0-48939400-1329625360_thumb.j

post-10749-0-89024100-1329625371_thumb.j

So I just found this forum yesterday after getting home with my new project. It is a 1951 Mack LJ.

I don't have all the specs and details yet about this truck but I do know it had a 220 Cummins installed

at some point in its life. And it has the 5 and two twin stick setup with an extra 3 speed brownie after all that.

I do see myself reading a ton on here in the future and asking many questions. I will add some pictures

when I figure out how.

Sweet Ride....that baby is in good shape. Cheers

It has not been on the road since around 2000. I do need to go through and fix all the air leaks. And the rear brake linings are about gone.

The floorboards are about rusted out completely. The tires somehow still hold some air. I am getting very excited to start in on fixing everything

on the truck to get it road worthy again. I also picked up a 1958 Peterbuilt the same day from the old man. He wanted to sell them to someone to

fix up and not scrap out. Well he sold them to the right guy.

Welcome aboard! good looking truck, ex-logging? looks like its pretty straight solid to start with,and as Superdog said,careful bout' using the "P" word here,get you in the doghouse pretty quick!............................................Mark

Mack Truck literate. Computer illiterate.

nice looking sunviser.least its not covering half the windshield.today's visers suck.could i get chassis number from you so i can put it on picture also the length of the engine hood.I have have the two top halves but there shorter than mine which is LJSWX.there off LJ but there are three or four lengths.email me at oldlogdog@shaw.ca. Bob

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey VInny , I gotta clean it up , forgot you were a young man. I was your age when I first fell in love with trucks. Probably in the 70's when "Smokey and the Bandit" came out was what sealed the deal. Have you seen that movie? I remember when i was young my parents asking what I wanted to be when i grew up, I always said TRUCK DRIVER. Good Luck with your U model !