E6 350 Valve Adjustment

Having trouble with setting the valves. It seems as though once they are set if I turn the engine over for a while a couple of the exhausts seem to be way to loose. Do I not know something here? I have tried setting three at a time and one at a time but seem to get similar results. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

You have to adjust the valves in firing order with each piston at TDC, look for the marks on you vibration damper the firing order is 153624 make sure you push down on the back of each rocker when you adjust it. Good Luck

Push down on the back side of the rocker to make sure its tight against the push rod, is this a 2 valve or a 4 valve and do you have an engine brake. clean your vibration damper of and look close it should have three sets of marks spaced at 120 deg one mark for cyl 1 and 6 one for cyl 3 and 4 and one for cyl 2 and 5 start with number 1 on tdc on the compression stroke then rotate in normal direction to get number 5 at tdc then do the same for 3-4-6-2. the valves must be adjusted at tdc on the compresson stroke. If the cam was broke I don't think it would run at all..

All mack engines with the dynatard cam have to have the valves adjusted at tdc, the marks on the damper look like a saw cut on the outside edge of the damper, if you cant find them you can make your own, first find the timing degree marks and at top dead center line just go over it with a piece of chalk and write 1and 6 then going clockwise 120 degrees make another line and mark 3 and 4 then another 120 degrees mark 5 and 2, when you done with your art work the three lines should be evenly spaced. to get number 1 on tdc of the compression stroke open the injector line for number 1 at the pump then bar the engine and watch for the line with number 1 and 6 when it comes up the timing pointer if you get a squirt of fuel your all set if not go around again, when you get number 1 up adjust the valves for that cylinder then turn the damper till number 5 comes up to the pointer and adjust the valves for the number 5 cylinder and keep going till your done. It's a pain in the butt to do but it's worth doing it right. Have fun!!