V8 Mack for sale

other dog

I saw a neat looking DM with a V8 for sale in the auction time paper. Opening bid's only a hunnerd bucks, you might get it for $101.92. Think i'll go ahead and bid $794.23 on it though.

I'm joking, somebody go ahead and bid $101.92 on it. Saw a video of it here-

http://www.auctiontime.com/OnlineAuctions/Details.aspx?OHID=3192183&lp=trk&bcatid=27&

but it's obvious the guys making the video have no idea how to drive it.

• Like 1

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Gimme a couple months and I'll bring you enough water to end the drought. You can then test the integrity of your dam work.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Hi Dave, that is a "Farr" brand air cleaner assembly. They were very good and optional but did not offer much in the way of "silencing" the air intake at all. If you had one on a Detroit powered truck, one could hear you coming from two miles instead of the normal one mile warning.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I finally figure out my password to get on here again and I am looking for a Mack log truck to mount a picker on, and I see you just bought the best candidate out west! Day late and a dollar short - story of my life. DId you get the parts delivered to David okay back this summer?

I finally figure out my password to get on here again and I am looking for a Mack log truck to mount a picker on, and I see you just bought the best candidate out west! Day late and a dollar short - story of my life. DId you get the parts delivered to David okay back this summer?

Yes, that went without problems. You don't need an RL700 series truck for a picker as they all need to be in my driveway and I don't have anything to do with trees!! LOL. I know David is still looking for a few more 24" rims too. A couple of those were 25" and not usable for him.

I need to call you sometime to be on the lookout for me a 5000# rought terrain lift truck and a few other things I'm needing. Wanting something with a small footprint to operate inside though on the lift truck.

Is the DM doing alright?

Rob

Rob - That old DM600 has made Mack men out of my 80 year old uncles. It just runs and runs. They had never driven anything more complicated than a 5 and 2 speed grain truck and you always had to figure half your gross weight would consist of wrenches, pry bars and big hammers to work on the truck half way to where you were headin'.

They have been hauling three or four loads of logs a week for me on a hundred mile round trip for the last year with that thing with nothing purchased except filters, oil, and fuel. It makes me cringe everytime I see them heading down the driveway because they never shift that 13 speed the same way twice. Their favorite thing to do is to upshift when you get to about 900 rpm into the next gear. That thing lugs so good it really doesn't matter what gear you put it in, even weighing 61,000 pounds like they did one day when I made them stop and weigh it. They just turn their hearing aids off when they get in it and don't pay any attention to what the Mack is doing, they just shift gears when the fancy strikes them. I think the Mack is just doing all it can to take care of those old birds that should have retired long ago! I'll keep my eyes peeled.

I wish I knew you were needing a forklift, I was the backup bidder on one Friday that sold at a utility company auction that would have been perfect. I am often a bridesmaid and not the winning bride. The auctioneers around here like me, not because I spend a lot of moo-lah, but because I sure make the next guy spend it.

Rob - That old DM600 has made Mack men out of my 80 year old uncles. It just runs and runs. They had never driven anything more complicated than a 5 and 2 speed grain truck and you always had to figure half your gross weight would consist of wrenches, pry bars and big hammers to work on the truck half way to where you were headin'.

They have been hauling three or four loads of logs a week for me on a hundred mile round trip for the last year with that thing with nothing purchased except filters, oil, and fuel. It makes me cringe everytime I see them heading down the driveway because they never shift that 13 speed the same way twice. Their favorite thing to do is to upshift when you get to about 900 rpm into the next gear. That thing lugs so good it really doesn't matter what gear you put it in, even weighing 61,000 pounds like they did one day when I made them stop and weigh it. They just turn their hearing aids off when they get in it and don't pay any attention to what the Mack is doing, they just shift gears when the fancy strikes them. I think the Mack is just doing all it can to take care of those old birds that should have retired long ago! I'll keep my eyes peeled.

I wish I knew you were needing a forklift, I was the backup bidder on one Friday that sold at a utility company auction that would have been perfect. I am often a bridesmaid and not the winning bride. The auctioneers around here like me, not because I spend a lot of moo-lah, but because I sure make the next guy spend it.

No doubt that DM is heavy, I looked at it close. Should last you a good long time doing what you require of it. The forklift thing is relatively new in need. I'm out of room and all my trucks need a space to park inside but there is just too much stuff on the floor. I have plenty of room as I have 18' sidewalls so I'm going to acquire pallet racking, (much like yours) and move on up with tires, engines, etc. No real hurry but if you run across somthing worth the money be sure to let me know.

Thanks,

Rob