1974 Mack R-767 tractor

Mackb42

1974 Mack R-767, Cummins NTC-350, Mack quadraplex transmission (5 x 4). Tractor, 83 mph top, locking side toolbox, Mack Camelback rears, 5th wheel air slide, has in-cab power divider lock. Excellent condition, runs well, low mileage, original. New paint, rebushed rears. No rust, New Mexico truck. Bill (505) 983-5103 or Mackb42@msn.com. Leave message if I don't answer, I will return your message.

1974 Mack R-767, Cummins NTC-350, Mack quadraplex transmission (5 x 4). Tractor, 83 mph top, locking side toolbox, Mack Camelback rears, 5th wheel air slide, has in-cab power divider lock. Excellent condition, runs well, low mileage, original. New paint, rebushed rears. No rust, New Mexico truck. Bill (505) 983-5103 or Mackb42@msn.com. Leave message if I don't answer, I will return your message.

Hi Bill, hope you've recovered nicely from the bicycle mishap. Sorry to see your truck for sale. You spent quite a bit of time going through that one.

You ought to think about posting a little more often over here.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Thank you Rob. You are right about the time it takes to recover and the time I have put in this truck. It is very nice. I am pretty much back to my old self, but I don't recommend getting hit by a 4-Runner on your bike. From witnesses I flew 15 feet in the air and landed 30 feet back on the pavement and the woman in the 4-Runner was unable to stop and ran over my leg.

So I am trimming my trucks and this truck is great, but I cannot keep it.

Thanks,

Bill

Hi Bill, this is one I would not be afraid to recommend to anyone for purchase. I don't make a statement like that often.

Glad to hear you at least "getting along". The outcome could have been much worse. Someone was looking out for you.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Hey Bill!!! Glad to see a post from you. That was another truck that I loved the paint scheme on.

Good to hear you have recovered, for as well as one can recover from being hit by a woman in a truck. In the last two years, I've gotten clobbered by two different women in minivans. Lost my pickup in the first one, second one was fixable. Both were oblivious to me/my truck.

Take care and stop by more often. Do you keep tabs with John Evans? We all here sent him Birthday wishes some time back and he replied.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you Larry, Rob, and Trent. Good to hear from you all.

Larry I don't understand why all these wrecks, lately. Quite strange. I'm glad you are fine.

No, I haven't heard from John Evans. Anyone know how he is doing?

If you know anyone to recommend this truck to let me or them know about it. It is nice!

I just went hiking today, on a steep, slippery trail. Felt good and this was good therapy.

What have you all been up to lately? Any good truck stories?

Also, can I post pictures. If so, how?

Bill

Edited by Bill D

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Joe,

I don't know what it had, but this is probably right. It doesn't have the transmission anymore. The cab, sheetmetal and frame are very strong and in good shape, because we have low humidity, and until lately little salt on the roads. With more cars we are getting more salt. But typically snows don't last long, because of our sunshine. so not much is needed on the roads. Also they mix crushed scoria with the salt for traction. Scoria is red, volcanic rock, which bites into the ice well and causes the sun's heat to melt the ice and snow. But, your car is often dark red during the winter. Scoria is not corrosive to steel, like salt.

I am looking at the build sheet and the transmission # is 11KBA 5583 AP-4.

Bill, use Photobucket to post pictures. Just copy/paste the "img" link that PB gives each picture.

Like this....

My '95 after I got clobbered by a minivan going 45 mph. I "almost" made it across the intersection when she got me. She never saw HER red light and never hit the brakes. I never saw her coming as there was traffic sitting at the light(like they were suppose to). Dam, I miss that truck. It was shiny like a new penny.

Oct15_0001.jpg

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"