Heated Mirrors:

Rob

Does anyone know the resistance value of the heating elements used in exterior mirrors? I'm going to modify a set of bubble back style for my R model. I already have a couple of thermostat buttons to use to regulate the temperature but don't want to break the glass by getting them too hot.

Thanks,

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

They are on a 15 amp breaker with nothing else on the circuit.

Thanks David. I've never had heated mirrors on a truck before but can figger it out with the current rating. Nichrome wire has a common resistance value of .2 ohms per ft. of installed length.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Does anyone know the resistance value of the heating elements used in exterior mirrors? I'm going to modify a set of bubble back style for my R model. I already have a couple of thermostat buttons to use to regulate the temperature but don't want to break the glass by getting them too hot.

Thanks,

Rob

That's right, Rob. Look into the mirror and blame the heating element when it cracks.

Gregg

heated mirrors are nice in foggy rain storms. I had to use them last week coming thru southern IL. also good on winter mornings. I rarely use them but they are nice when they keep fogging up...

I also am a big fan of heated spot mirrors. Got 'em wired up on my Vision. I am surprised that none of the eagle-eyes on this site ever noticed the old-school CH mirrors on my CX.

Gregg

I also am a big fan of heated spot mirrors. Got 'em wired up on my Vision. I am surprised that none of the eagle-eyes on this site ever noticed the old-school CH mirrors on my CX.

Gregg

Uhhh...oh...oh yeah,I noticed them immediately,if not sooner,just didn't say anything :rolleyes:

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

Uhhh...oh...oh yeah,I noticed them immediately,if not sooner,just didn't say anything :rolleyes:

Had to be after me. I first seen um just after the civil war ended and Lee surrendered to Grant at Appamatox. I had borrowed a "future looking glass" invented by Simon Barsinister himself to plan heists.

Rob

Gregg

I never did like those plastic pod mirrors on the CX. The glass never stays still and vibrates until all internal parts (plastic)are worn and loose.

There is a stretch of State Route 611 along the Delaware River near me that we call "the narrows". Very important to stay on your side of the yellow line. When a rookie quarry truck driver failed to do so, we smacked mirrors and I took the opportunity to change out mirrors. Very happy to have done so, also like my heated convex spot mirrors.

Gregg