Tapered King Pins 1995 Cx

So the truck I was suppose to be getting was not the truck that needed king pins anyways I have the truck now and the post I did the other day is greatly appreciated but not needed at the moment , anyways here is a picture of the king pin kit and axle just wondering what the spec is for final end play and the torque spec on the bottom nut, Thanks

post-7653-0-77596800-1300419786_thumb.jp

post-7653-0-65907500-1300419952_thumb.jp

post-7653-0-22967700-1300420093_thumb.jp

The nut/cap on the bottom of the spindle does not have a torque. Tighten the nut by hand until snug, the spindle will not rotate at this point because of the load on the bearing that sits in the nut/cap, you will then back the nut off until the slots line up and the new cotter pin can be installed. After the slot is aligned make sure the spindle rotates freely. If it doesn't it indicates that the nut is too tight or that you have possibly damaged the upper bearing or (more likely) the lower bushing. The bushing should not require reaming.

MAKE SURE TO SEAT THE PIN IN THE AXLE PRIOR TO INSTALLING THE NUT/CAP.

"Mebbe I'm too ugly and stupid to give up!"

The nut/cap on the bottom of the spindle does not have a torque. Tighten the nut by hand until snug, the spindle will not rotate at this point because of the load on the bearing that sits in the nut/cap, you will then back the nut off until the slots line up and the new cotter pin can be installed. After the slot is aligned make sure the spindle rotates freely. If it doesn't it indicates that the nut is too tight or that you have possibly damaged the upper bearing or (more likely) the lower bushing. The bushing should not require reaming.

MAKE SURE TO SEAT THE PIN IN THE AXLE PRIOR TO INSTALLING THE NUT/CAP.

Yup put a jack under the pin, take the weight of the truck then smoke the axle once or twice with an 8 pound or so hammer!

well i got it apart not bad at all 2 good hits and the pins fell right on through and hit the floor , i read through the bulletin posted above and im a little confused on the step that says upper clearance should be between .005 and .027 with loaded upward , but then it says lower clearance should be a minimum of .020 , I take it that means unload spindle and let it hang then check clearance , or should I do it by feel like mentioned above I just dont want to tighten that lower nut to the point where I crush or damage anything I guess I'll go in gradual increments and keep rotating spindle to the point to where it starts to get tight then check clearance?