Mh Production Question

So, I have noticed that most of the MH's that are for sale are from the narrow range of 1984-1988, although i am of the impression that MH's were made for the US market until 1993.

how come most of the ones for sale tend to be from the 1980's? who was buying these trucks in the 1990's? was it mostly fleet buyers like UPS buying single screw non-sleeper units? and what has happened to all of them? are they in nigeria now?

thanx . . . . .

So, I have noticed that most of the MH's that are for sale are from the narrow range of 1984-1988, although i am of the impression that MH's were made for the US market until 1993.

how come most of the ones for sale tend to be from the 1980's? who was buying these trucks in the 1990's? was it mostly fleet buyers like UPS buying single screw non-sleeper units? and what has happened to all of them? are they in nigeria now?

thanx . . . . .

A few years back, I use to see a Schneider National MH(single bunk) up here quite often. 0n the 401 between London and Windsor. Not sure if it was an American or Canadian truck thought? b0bo

I would think that the reason there are fewer MH models from the later production years is that there were fewer made. Cabovers were well on their way out of being popular and overall length laws were all but ignored at that time. I will see if I can get teh production numbers for the last few years of the MH to post for everyones info. I will be at the Mack Trucks Historical Museum this weekend for the ATCA Antique and Classic Truck Show. Thanks, Doug

Interested in Old Trucks? Check out:

www.antiquetruckclubofamerica.org

You wouldn't happen to any pictures of the freedom Mh would you :) ?

Thanks, Josh.

I don't. Didn't carry a camera with me back then. I did drive it several times and always got questions about the Lady Liberty on the sides. I didn't have many answers about it back then as it was bought used to fill a gap in the fleet at the time. It was only purchased because it was availble, not because it was a limited edition unit. I know it was sold to a small fleet in Lima, OH that, at the time, had several MH's and it was being run hard. Don't know if it is still running now or not.

I don't. Didn't carry a camera with me back then. I did drive it several times and always got questions about the Lady Liberty on the sides. I didn't have many answers about it back then as it was bought used to fill a gap in the fleet at the time. It was only purchased because it was availble, not because it was a limited edition unit. I know it was sold to a small fleet in Lima, OH that, at the time, had several MH's and it was being run hard. Don't know if it is still running now or not.

We still have 2 Liberty Edition MH's around here. One runs everyday haulin logs. I posted a few pics on here several months ago. Years ago we had a Sturdicraft (furniture products) warehouse here in town and all they would run was Mack cabover V-8's. When it closed the trucks were all sold off and thats where these came from. A couple of there Cruiseliner V-8's were the last to sell and they looked better and newer than the MH's. Our boss has a red, white and blue 1976 Special Edition Cruiseliner locked up in a barn, its all orignal with low miles, dont know what it edition it was called though.

In lexington Ky the last of the MH model were painted over the brown UPS paint with a roller loaded up and when I asked where they were bound for it was South America or Africa. Pretty much the same story for the first of the retired CH models too.I heard they went for a few thousand and when I inquired if we as employees could buy one the answer was no. They were all sold to one buyer. Those Mh were tough as hell. I saw an enjine blow one night and it still kept trying to run with a hole in the side of the block. UPS had to make a fortune off them. I cant believe they went out and bought another make of truck over the Mack! They had to roll the miles back in the computers that monitored PMI stuff as it would not take the actual miles on those units. All the parts books are gone too. I fear that they probably lined the dumpster with them

Hey MH sports fans check this out at truck trader.

1984 MACK MH602 Conventional W/Sleep$14,500.00

The Truck Connection

(888) 589-4772

EMAIL SELLER

2614 US Highway 52 N

Albemarle, NC 28001 (Map)

VEHICLE DETAILS View Your Credit Score Now For Free.

New/Used: U

Year: 1984

Make: MACK

Model: MH602

Mileage: 211,000

Type: CLASS 8 (GVW 33001 - 150000)

Category: Conventional W/Sleep

VEHICLE DESCRIPTION

1984 MACK MH602, V8 Mack Engine, 10spd Mack Trans, Mack Rear ends on air ride susp., 10 alum, all virgin rubber, ONLY 211K miles!, :thumb: