Bendix Air Compressor Rebuild Kits - Where To Buy Parts?

KTRON

I bought an air compressor for my Detroit Diesel 6V53T. (Bendix Westinghouse TU-Flow Model 501)

It is a power take off model which bolts to the accessory cover on the flywheel housing.

While cleaning up the pump I noticed that the air cleaner was shot. It looked like ground up carbon.

I cleaned the inside of the housing, and now I need a new air filter.

When I removed the head from the pump, I noticed that the pistons were stamped "0.10 OS"

The cylinders are scorn, so maybe I need to have the cylinders honed, and new rings installed.

I would like to buy a gasket kit/filter replacement parts for the pump I have, but I do not know where to find them.

Here is the information I have:

Model: 501

Serial: K2494

Part: 286538

The air filter housing has number: 236594F

The head has a casting number of: 294146

The block has a casting number of: 249960

Pictures:

th_SL735454.jpg th_SL735455.jpg th_SL735457.jpg th_SL735459.jpg th_SL735458.jpg th_SL735460.jpg

Any ideas???

Chris

I bought an air compressor for my Detroit Diesel 6V53T. (Bendix Westinghouse TU-Flow Model 501)

It is a power take off model which bolts to the accessory cover on the flywheel housing.

While cleaning up the pump I noticed that the air cleaner was shot. It looked like ground up carbon.

I cleaned the inside of the housing, and now I need a new air filter.

When I removed the head from the pump, I noticed that the pistons were stamped "0.10 OS"

The cylinders are scorn, so maybe I need to have the cylinders honed, and new rings installed.

I would like to buy a gasket kit/filter replacement parts for the pump I have, but I do not know where to find them.

Here is the information I have:

Model: 501

Serial: K2494

Part: 286538

The air filter housing has number: 236594F

The head has a casting number of: 294146

The block has a casting number of: 249960

Pictures:

th_SL735454.jpg th_SL735455.jpg th_SL735457.jpg th_SL735459.jpg th_SL735458.jpg th_SL735460.jpg

Any ideas???

Chris

Call these guys. They'll have parts and expert advice for anything you would require.

http://rebuildersenterprises.com/contact_us/contact_us.asp

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

The best thing for you to do is exchange the compressor because if you can find parts it will cost you more to repair it than a new one will. Seen guys play with them for long time when its cheaper to exchange.

It pumped air just fine before I removed the head for inspection.

I have been completely restoring all of the parts on my engine, and this pump was just next on the list.

The pump shares the same oil as the engine. After doing a full rebuild, I cant take any chances running a pump which could have loose metal in it.

Thankfully there was none, crankshaft and everything looked good nice and clean.

The pump will only be used to shift the transmission I will be attaching to it, and possibly air horns

It will not be running brakes of any kind, I dont have a CDL

I see a field maintenance kit for one of these on ebay for real cheap. It has all of the parts I need other than new piston rings.

If I cant find them, I am sure new rings can be cross-matched from small gasoline engines...but thats a last resort

Chris