X With Circle Around And Ligthning Warning

Red X is telling you to shut 'er down.

Lightning bolt is telling you electrical problem.

With key on (engine off) press and hold cruise control button. Watch and count flashes on dash.

That will give the code for the problem. Sometimes its a fuse, sometimes worse.

• Like 1

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

that is the engine shutdown light it might be overheating, low or lost oil press low coolant level belts missing or sliping bad or it could be bad sensors or guages . any thing is poss with these newer trucks. most times when the engine shutdown light comes on on our trucks its the fan belts or the coolant levels that are the problem. but we have seen the electrical system cause havoc with these trucks also . joe

I have an X with circle around it and ligthning bolt showing on the dash coul someone help me out on what that indicates i drive a Mack granite concrete mixer 2005

The only time both "Red X shutdown" light and "yellow lighting bolt EML" come on at the same is when there is a low coolant fault. ( except on the DPF equipped MP7 and MP8 engines)Check the coolant level and if it's full it could be a coolant level sensor failure.

• Like 1

The only time both "Red X shutdown" light and "yellow lighting bolt EML" come on at the same is when there is a low coolant fault. ( except on the DPF equipped MP7 and MP8 engines)Check the coolant level and if it's full it could be a coolant level sensor failure.

i carry a paper clip to use as a jumper in case of a coolant sensor failure, or to check the coolant sensor.

• 7 years later...
  • 2 years later...