Mack Boots

ThaddeusW

So when I was at Macungie last year I bought a pair of Mack work boots at the factory store for a mere 20 bucks. I thought I got a good deal, turns out I was wrong. Aside from the nice box (picture of an RD logger, RW, MH R, CH) the boots are junk. I should have posted this months ago but I never got around to it. My friend also bought a pair and his pair was garbage as well.

What happened to them? My friends pair lasted all of five days before the rubber sole completely ripped off when he took a step. On my pair they lasted slightly longer about two weeks before the sole on the left boot began to separate from the boot and then cracked.

Its a shame Mack had their name put on garbage and marketed as foot wear.I had a pair of CAT boots that lasted me years.

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

Believe it or not Dickies boots are pretty comfortable and last. I only had mine a month or so and they broke in right away. The thing I love about these boots is the insole is padded where other boots are not padded. It's like going from a Mack Camelback suspension to a Mack air ride suspension.....A night and day difference. :thumb: If they can get me through the year I'll be happy. I got them on sale for $70.00 at Sears. If you want junk Thad then Brahmas are for you. Then again I got them from Walmart if that tells you anything. :pat: They only lasted me 3 months before the insole was down to nothing and made my feet sweat and stink. The Dickies don't do that at all and I can wear these things all day long and my feet don't hurt at all. What's funny is these were the only boots I could find in my size (7). Everything else was way too big for me, I was about to give up and keep wearing them Brahmas until I decided to look at the Dickies and found one my size and tried it on and I was in heaven. So I bought them, put them on and threw them Brahmas away.

Best boots I ever had came from the FCI-Danbury. When I ran a garbage truck, That was an every day stop. Inmate says" what size boot you wear?" Next day he put a box on the side. Lasted a whole year before any problems started to show up. Asked him if they had more, next day, there they were. They made leather gloves there so I never needed to buy. Heavy duty with a 4 inch stiff cuff so the coat sleeve was under.

One day had a large black car ask me ifI wanted to make some money. Would require I brought some "items" into the place. My security check was "Hi Ed, how's things" Had to decline the offer.

Did bang one of the female guards

several times

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

I'd say I'm hard on boots. How hard? This was one day after I bought these:

l_d763394b6499432c92cd09f2bc9f7566.jpg

They are Carhart brand...still holding up OK, although the sole seems a little hard in the really cold weather.

I have a HELL of a time finding boots that fit PROPERLY because I have an uncommon dimension foot. Best pair of boots I've EVER owned, I special ordered. Measured the length, width, around the ball of the foot, around the arch, around the heel, and around the calf every 2" for as high as I wanted the boot to go. Wore 'em every day for over 3 years before the heel started coming off. I put some screws through the rubber into the wood heel block and that got another 6 months out of them. Yeah, they were pricey @ $350 (and 4 months to get)....but for the last 6 years I've been telling myself I NEED to send 'em back because for less than $80 they'll rebuild them...new soles, repair any stitching, repair any eyelets, etc...basically new boots with the old leather (which is fine because the leather is still good)...and I'll have my favorite boots back.

I've also had good luck with Redwings... :thumb:

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

I can't resist but was she good looking? :D:P

When you're 20 years old-does it really matter :banana:

Weren't bad.

One secretary drove past, nice leg. So I asked one of the guards who drove the car. He mentions to her that the garbage truck driver commented on your legs.

ext day she passes me, lets me know it was commando day

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

Alrighty now, to get back on track here.......

I bought a pair of Mack insulated boots several years ago and got 3 tough winters worth of use out of 'em before the sole finally separated from one of 'em

No complaints about that pair, they were comfortable and my feet never got cold even working outside in subzero temps.

It sounds like maybe the Mack boots are now being produced by a third world sweatshop based on what Thad has stated.

"If You Can't Shift It Smoothly, You Shouldn't Be Driving It"

I had mack boots about 10 years ago. I had both the black and tan leather. came in a green/black and red box had the old Mack logo with the "correct dog" on the emblem.

they also lasted me 3-4 years before they were worn out. I used them every day at UPS working the docks walking on steel grates. Havent seen the new boots

Alrighty now, to get back on track here.......

I bought a pair of Mack insulated boots several years ago and got 3 tough winters worth of use out of 'em before the sole finally separated from one of 'em

No complaints about that pair, they were comfortable and my feet never got cold even working outside in subzero temps.

It sounds like maybe the Mack boots are now being produced by a third world sweatshop based on what Thad has stated.

That is my guess. They must have switched suppliers and well we all know it goes to the lowest bidder. Probably China judging by the complete lack of quality.

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

So when I was at Macungie last year I bought a pair of Mack work boots at the factory store for a mere 20 bucks. I thought I got a good deal, turns out I was wrong. Aside from the nice box (picture of an RD logger, RW, MH R, CH) the boots are junk. I should have posted this months ago but I never got around to it. My friend also bought a pair and his pair was garbage as well.

What happened to them? My friends pair lasted all of five days before the rubber sole completely ripped off when he took a step. On my pair they lasted slightly longer about two weeks before the sole on the left boot began to separate from the boot and then cracked.

Its a shame Mack had their name put on garbage and marketed as foot wear.I had a pair of CAT boots that lasted me years.

Maybe they were made by the same company that made the ASSET cams, turbos and electronics. :D

That is my guess. They must have switched suppliers and well we all know it goes to the lowest bigger. Probably China judging by the complete lack of quality.

Rocky boots did that to me...switched suppliers. I had a pair of boots that fit PERFECTLY...wore 'em out and needed another pair, so I bought another pair of the exact same boot in the exact same size as what I had ('cept it had steel toes this time...the place I loaded at all of the time was starting to require 'em)...not even close to a good fit. I bought another pair of the non-steel toe version...same as I had before....but they fit as horribly as the steel toe ones. :angry:

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!

?

remember when boots had sewn soles and they actually sized your foot in the store to ensure proper fit? and they could afford to carry more than 4 sizes? and you didn't have to settle for "this is as close as i have."?

I'd say I'm hard on boots. How hard? This was one day after I bought these:

l_d763394b6499432c92cd09f2bc9f7566.jpg

They are Carhart brand...still holding up OK, although the sole seems a little hard in the really cold weather.

I have a HELL of a time finding boots that fit PROPERLY because I have an uncommon dimension foot. Best pair of boots I've EVER owned, I special ordered. Measured the length, width, around the ball of the foot, around the arch, around the heel, and around the calf every 2" for as high as I wanted the boot to go. Wore 'em every day for over 3 years before the heel started coming off. I put some screws through the rubber into the wood heel block and that got another 6 months out of them. Yeah, they were pricey @ $350 (and 4 months to get)....but for the last 6 years I've been telling myself I NEED to send 'em back because for less than $80 they'll rebuild them...new soles, repair any stitching, repair any eyelets, etc...basically new boots with the old leather (which is fine because the leather is still good)...and I'll have my favorite boots back.

I've also had good luck with Redwings... :thumb:

I have the same problem, it's hard to find wide boots that fit me right. Red Wings were some of the best I've had. Had a pair of Rocky wellingtons once and they fit good and were light and comfortable but the soles didn't last long and they couldn't be resoled.

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

when I was training tire installers for Sears I was told I had to have steel toed boots,so I took my $50.00 allowance over to the main store and bought a pair of "Caterpillar" boots. Took a month or two to break in,but were really comfortable after that.Got 3 years of use out of 'em,finally one sole split just ahead of the heel,and the eyelets were cutting the laces in half so I replaced 'em.

I bought a pair of Georgia insulated lace ups with Vibram soles about a year ago. Wore 'em for 2 months and one sole started peeling off at the heel. Took 'em back to the store and they never said a thing except,"Well,go pick a new pair out." I did,they were about $20.00 more than the ones I brought back. The cashier said,"Here's your receipt,be sure to keep it in case you need to bring THESE back." I said"What about the price difference?" and she said,"Don't worry about it-we're good." I LOVE small town stores! :twothumbsup:

Speed

"Remember-ANY Gun Control is Unconstitutional!"
<!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><i><b>MACK-E Model Registry # 36</b></i><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

<a href="http://www.nvabatetravel.com/"target="_blank">http://www.nvabatetravel.com/</a>