Draglines!

All you old excavating guys out there will surely remember the Bucyrus Erie 22B, whether equipped with a dragline, backhoe or front shovel.

Found some videos on you tube that are sure to bring back some memories:

"If You Can't Shift It Smoothly, You Shouldn't Be Driving It"

HK. Plenty of nostalga there. My father had 2 22RB's back in the sixties when he had a dredging company . When they dredged

the Port Kembla harbour. Learned to operate them in my teens. Got my DLI ticket for one in the early 70's when i worked for Brambles.

Done a lot of hours on them. Nothing like 8 hours with the squeeling swing clutches and brakes. Makes for good co ordinationfor your hands and feet. I still have a go on a 30 RB " air controlls" now and then when i can. Can still cast the bucket twice the jib length.

Will always be my favorite piece of plant......Mark ,,,,,, Heres a good one

DredgingPortHarbour017.jpg

A piccy of the dredge dad's company built and operated in the making of Port harbour.

They worked for Gahagans Dredging of New York from 1958 till 1960.

The day it was launched. One of the D73T dozers, They had 2 D7's and two draglines.

Got a soft spot for the old D73T's . They pushed 16 hours a day for 6 days a week

keeping the sand away from the pipe outlet. Trying to find the photos of the Draglines...... Mark

• 9 months later...

All you old excavating guys out there will surely remember the Bucyrus Erie 22B, whether equipped with a dragline, backhoe or front shovel.

Found some videos on you tube that are sure to bring back some memories:

:SMOKIE-LFT: My dad owned Bucyrus Erie 30B series II 1 1/4 yard Dragline that he did alot of work withfrom about 1977 till he sold it in 1988. He wishes he would have kept it. A good operator on one of those can move alot more dirt in a day and use alot less fuel than one of these high priced hydraulic machines. Before he had the 30B he had a Model 25 Northwest3/4 yard dragline and my gradpa had K12 Insley with a cable hoe on it. Dad told that the 30B was like a Cadilac compared to the Northwest. Dad was watching a guy taking down some cement silos in town last month with what looked to be a nice little 25B Bucyrus Erie swinging a wrecking ball. Dad got a little bit of laugh out of it watching the young guy running it cause he said it should have been able to kock them down in 1 day and it took most of the week. He also said the had done a little cobling on the undercarriage and it made it walk like a Northwest. He said a Bucyrus Erie usually walks nice and smooth and you shouldn't spill your coffee if you set it down in the machine while walking it.

:SMOKIE-LFT: My dad owned Bucyrus Erie 30B series II 1 1/4 yard Dragline that he did alot of work withfrom about 1977 till he sold it in 1988. He wishes he would have kept it. A good operator on one of those can move alot more dirt in a day and use alot less fuel than one of these high priced hydraulic machines. Before he had the 30B he had a Model 25 Northwest3/4 yard dragline and my gradpa had K12 Insley with a cable hoe on it. Dad told that the 30B was like a Cadilac compared to the Northwest. Dad was watching a guy taking down some cement silos in town last month with what looked to be a nice little 25B Bucyrus Erie swinging a wrecking ball. Dad got a little bit of laugh out of it watching the young guy running it cause he said it should have been able to kock them down in 1 day and it took most of the week. He also said the had done a little cobling on the undercarriage and it made it walk like a Northwest. He said a Bucyrus Erie usually walks nice and smooth and you shouldn't spill your coffee if you set it down in the machine while walking it.

NICE PHOTOS, HEY BAD DOG, ARE U LOOOKIN FOR SOMETHING LIKE THAT AT ALL. I HAVE A BUCYRUS ERIE 15B CABLE HOE , STILL RUNS AND OPERATES, WOULD LOVE TO SELL IT. UD 350 IH DIESEL, BUMPED OUT TO A 370cid. WAS GOING TO SCRAP MACHINE, IF INTERESTED LET ME KNOW.

GG2

We the unwilling, Lead by the unqualified, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful.

:SMOKIE-LFT: No I'm not really interesed in an old crane right at the moment. I have too many projects on the go now, I plan on getting the RW mainly together over the summer and early fall. Then I have a 1940 International H Tractor that all I have left to do on it is paint, we've just been putting off for 8 yrs now. If I had those done than I probably would be after another toy. We figure on getting something like that eventually. What are you wanting to get out of it, be a shame to scrap it if it's decent.

:SMOKIE-LFT: No I'm not really interesed in an old crane right at the moment. I have too many projects on the go now, I plan on getting the RW mainly together over the summer and early fall. Then I have a 1940 International H Tractor that all I have left to do on it is paint, we've just been putting off for 8 yrs now. If I had those done than I probably would be after another toy. We figure on getting something like that eventually. What are you wanting to get out of it, be a shame to scrap it if it's decent.

AROUND 3500$$. HAVE COMPLETE CAB FOR IT ALSO.HAVE MY SIGHTS ON A TRUCK RIGHT NOW, SO I AM GETTING READY TO START SELLING STUFF OFF, CAN USE THE CASH.

GG2

We the unwilling, Lead by the unqualified, are doing the impossible, for the ungrateful.