Engine Shutdown/electronic Malfuntion Lights

Gambi80

Quick question about the engine shutdown/electonic malfuntion light...what else would trigger it besides low coolant? The other night it was coming on on me every now and then. All the fluids are fine and there was no shutdown and/or power loss. Truck is a 97 CH.

Ever wonder how a blind person knows when to stop wiping?

gallery_1977_876_21691.jpg

Quick question about the engine shutdown/electonic malfuntion light...what else would trigger it besides low coolant? The other night it was coming on on me every now and then. All the fluids are fine and there was no shutdown and/or power loss. Truck is a 97 CH.

Oil preasure / coolant overheat and low coolant set the lights off on a 97!If you have the inactive codes check that will tell the tail.

• 2 months later...

Drover

G/day mate,

I have a 95 model that is shuting down aswell, did you solve the problem? as it has me stumped.

Drover

G/day mate,

I have a 95 model that is shuting down aswell, did you solve the problem? as it has me stumped.

If your unit is shutting down on low coolant high water temp or low oil psi both lights will light eml and the shut down light.

Bad sensor on any of three sensors or a bad wire.We set all of our customer engine to NOT shut down on low coolant. its easier that way only two choices.

Both of which will show on gauges.

• 8 years later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You can check the code. With your cruise control switch OFF, press the set button and the electronic malfunction light will blink the code. So let's say it's code 4-1, the light will blink 4 times, pause a second or two, and blink 1 time, then go back to constant. If there is more than one code, press the bottom again, and the next code will blink. Keep doing that until you get back to the first blink code. Google Mack E7 codes for the code list 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 7/24/2019 at 7:25 PM, Bigryno said:

97 mack ch600 or 613 I guess. Shuts down when I stop. Shutdown light comes on and the truck dies but only when I slow to a stop. Runs fine til I come to a stop.  It dies but starts right back and away I go. Help please

My truck does the same thing only while stopping and turns right back on 2000 CX613 E7-460

The mass ground point inside dash on driver side A pillar. Clean and check your grounds.

At least that's what it was on my 2000 CH when I used to have it. Always had the malfunction light coming on and off and the truck randomly shutting off and starting right back up while driving down the highway.

Dealer never could figure it out. They changed all kinds of harnesses and ecm. Was just the mass ground. Found out many years later.