•  

• Welcome to BigMackTrucks.com

Welcome to BigMackTrucks.com, the best resource on the Internet for Antique, Classic and Modern Mack Trucks!  

Please login or register to take advantage of everything BMT has to offer.  Memberships are Free and offer many benefits:

• Start new topics and reply to others
    • Subscribe to topics and forums to get automatic updates
    • Showcase your trucks in our Garage
    • Photo Gallery, Member Blogs and much more...
    • Add events to our community calendar
    • Create your own profile and make new friends
    • Customize your experience!
    • Mack Dealer and Corporate personnel can contact the ADMIN after registration for access to the Dealer Forums.

If you are having trouble logging in or haven't received your validation email, you can post as a guest in the Guest Forum.

login  register
    Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Engine Shutdown/electronic Malfuntion Lights

• Please log in to reply
    4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Gambi80

Gambi80

BMT Certified Know-It-All!

• Pedigreed Bulldog
    • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
    • 1,042 posts
    • Make:Mack
    • Model:CH 613
    • Year:1997

Posted 17 April 2009 - 07:12 PM

Quick question about the engine shutdown/electonic malfuntion light...what else would trigger it besides low coolant? The other night it was coming on on me every now and then. All the fluids are fine and there was no shutdown and/or power loss. Truck is a 97 CH.
    Ever wonder how a blind person knows when to stop wiping?

Posted Image

#2 OFFLINE   Mackpro68

Mackpro68

• Pedigreed Bulldog
    • 1,194 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 07:17 AM

The only time both lights come on is for low coolant, (except for 2008 and up DPF equipped Macks). Could be a coolant sensor wire shorted in the harness on the engine.

#3 OFFLINE   fjh

fjh

• Pedigreed Bulldog
    • 1,303 posts

Posted 18 April 2009 - 10:48 AM

Quick question about the engine shutdown/electonic malfuntion light...what else would trigger it besides low coolant? The other night it was coming on on me every now and then. All the fluids are fine and there was no shutdown and/or power loss. Truck is a 97 CH.

Oil preasure / coolant overheat and low coolant set the lights off on a 97!If you have the inactive codes check that will tell the tail.

#4 OFFLINE   sscochrane

sscochrane

Rookie

• Puppy Poster
    • Pip
    • 1 posts
    • Make:mack
    • Model:CL
    • Year:1995

Posted 30 June 2009 - 04:22 PM

Drover
    G/day mate,
    I have a 95 model that is shuting down aswell, did you solve the problem? as it has me stumped.

[/quote]

#5 OFFLINE   fjh

fjh

• Pedigreed Bulldog
    • 1,303 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 09:52 PM

Drover
    G/day mate,
    I have a 95 model that is shuting down aswell, did you solve the problem? as it has me stumped.

If your unit is shutting down on low coolant high water temp or low oil psi both lights will light eml and the shut down light.
    Bad sensor on any of three sensors or a bad wire.We set all of our customer engine to NOT shut down on low coolant. its easier that way only two choices.
    Both of which will show on gauges.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users