NR with Bedford cabs

Tim the thing a lot of people I dont think under stand is how heavy Australian hard wood is as well

Aussie hard wood doesnt float chuck it in the water and it sinks if its Red gum or Box Iron Bark it will sink in seconds so there is quite a lot of weight there

We could never float logs like they do in north America on the rivers etc

It seems a few of these NR Bedford cabbed Macks were made and this one was made in Grafton NSW I'll pass on any more details as they come to hand

seeya

Paul

Paul, thank you for sharing, that's pretty interesting.

From the pictures I can see the conversion was deeper as only re-cabbing.

All NR's originally rode on the spoke hubs and those two have Budds.

Neither of the original fuel tanks there as well.

From the pictures I wouldn't determine those trucks as NR's at all but I don't doubt your info sources.

Didn't know your neighbours used to grow up iron woods :)

Have never seen it myself, anything you can cut here floats.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

Paul, any available pics of Jack Ehret's NR MACK-WORTH?? Vlad would go nutty over that conversion!!

Here are two from the two Paul's files

nr%20bedford%20cab%20australia_zpspnn69e

Mack%20NR%20Bedford%20australia_zpsccz8o

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

theres a story to go with this truck quite a good one I reckon would have to ask the writers permission before posting if anyone wants let me know and I'll see if I can get permission to share the rest

now this truck is a NR Mack with a custom cab 6 71 2 valve leaker

Paul

post-17290-0-51587900-1455425867_thumb.j

post-17290-0-12822400-1455425870_thumb.j

post-17290-0-70978700-1455425874_thumb.j

• Like 2

I had this picture in a magazine as you can see the magazine put it on a angle and put it over two pages but I have a teenage son who sorted it for me because I had no hope LOL still not real sure on what he done but here is the picture Im sure someone with photoshop can make it even better

OH yeah NR Mack Bedford cab at Wollongong but still in the same state NSW as the first one but 700 km south the first one was built at Grafton NSW so I dunno seems like a common modification

Paul

post-17290-0-83866600-1455444228_thumb.j

• Like 1

Vlad would go nutty over that conversion!!

I just have no Bedford cab to put on my truck and get a jump on the resto.

I'm a stock liker and generally see not much of historical value in deep modified vehicles.

There could be some exceptions though when a modification itself has a history on it.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

I just have no Bedford cab to put on my truck and get a jump on the resto.

I'm a stock liker and generally see not much of historical value in deep modified vehicles.

There could be some exceptions though when a modification itself has a history on it.

The skill to make what he did and the history make it as valuable as if it was factory stock in my opinion. :)

• Like 2

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE