Hydrogen Motor Unit attached to Diesel motor

harrybarbon

At the 2009 Wildwood Florida Truck show, hosted by 75 Chrome Shop, a guy named Wayne Tomlin of High Performance Research and Development, Bradenton Florida was interviewed about his company's Peterbilt - it had a Cummins engine and Wayne said he and his company had developed a hydrogen system that supplied hydrogen into the motor via the air inflows which produced increased torque and horsepower plus better fuel mileage.

This hydrogen unit was fitted onto the Cummins motor. If you google 75 Chrome Shop and go to the Truck shows there is a video of the 2009 show.

I will try attaching the Youtube video

Does anyone remember anything or has any information about this hydrogen system? Was it real or not?

I am told he is no longer in business.

• Like 1

I have no info on the system is question. I do know that all these people that claim you can run a engine on water ( breaking down water into hydrogen and oxygen) are full of it.

Sure, you can break water down and run a engine on it, the problem is it takes more energy to break the water down that it produces.

This guy was saying that the hydrogen was an additive if I can express it in lay man terms, the hydrogen was not replacing the diesel fuel, the motor ran on diesel as normal

Maybe it is similar concept to adding Nitro into a petrol motor

A friend has rigged up a liquid petroleum gas - LPG - supply to add to his diesel fueled/powered Cummins engine and he gets an extra 25% + of horsepower and torque with the gas being injected into the motor - but he has to watch the pyro meter has to ease up sometimes - but once the LPG tank runs empty then he loses that extra power.

I think the theory behind it is that there is a certain percentage of unburnt fuel each stroke. When you add lpg, or in this case hydrogen, the diesel will ignite as per usual. Once it has, it will ignite the lpg, which has a much higher octane rating, which burns more of the unburnt diesel.

They use the lpg on older diesels Utes here in Aus. I think the newer diesels are a lot better and don't waste as much fuel per stroke and as a result you don't get as good an increase.

• Like 1

I have no info on the system is question. I do know that all these people that claim you can run a engine on water ( breaking down water into hydrogen and oxygen) are full of it.

Sure, you can break water down and run a engine on it, the problem is it takes more energy to break the water down that it produces.

Seems like it's possible to me.

https://youtu.be/4zMpM-jAnFs

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

Seems like it's possible to me.https://youtu.be/4zMpM-jAnFs

As I said above, it can be done but it will be with deminishing returns. It will always take more energy to break the water down than it will produce. It's the basic law of thermodynamics.

I don't doubt the guy was murdered but I doubt it was because of his hydrogen vehicle. The process is so simple you could do it in 5 grade science class, so it's no big mystery. All you have to do is put two DC current electrodes into a vat of water, around the negative electrode will be hydrogen and around the positive will be oxygen.

Mack Doctor Jr - have you got any information of the system to introduce the hydrogen into the E6 motor.

Was the hydrogen pre-made and stored in a tank or is there a device mounted onto the truck that produces the hydrogen as it is needed

And any pictures that could be shared? I am very interested to get more information