Beyonce's halftime show draws Giuliani's ire

kscarbel2

New York Daily News / February 8, 2015

Beyonce’s “Black Power” salute during the Super Bowl halftime show divided people with some praising her stance and others, like former Mayor Rudy Giuliani, slamming her.

"I think it was outrageous," Giuliani said. "The halftime show I thought was ridiculous anyway. I don't know what the heck it was. A bunch of people bouncing around and all strange things. It was terrible."

"This is football, not Hollywood, and I thought it was really outrageous that she used it as a platform to attack police officers who are the people who protect her and protect us, and keep us alive," he said.

"And what we should be doing in the African-American community, and all communities, is build up respect for police officers. And focus on the fact that when something does go wrong, okay. We'll work on that. But the vast majority of police officers risk their lives to keep us safe."

Kamron Huber commented, “Still asking myself why is it okay for the halftime show dancers to be dressed up as black panthers. I’m not racist but really? Cmon.”

The performance that stirred everyone was of her latest song, "Formation."

Fist in air, the bandolier-wrapped Beyonce gave the Black Power symbol in front of a corps of dancers all donning black berets, another symbol of the militant political movement that formed 50 years ago this October.

It’s the same gesture, fist high and proud, that Olympic athletes raised in the 1968 games, setting off a firestorm of controversy.

With just the football field and her dancers, she couldn’t have the dramatic scenes from the video, but she and her dancers spelled out X, apparently referencing to Malcolm X.

Wearing all black and evoking the Black Power gesture, Beyonce and dancers riled up the crowd just 42 miles south from where Huey Newton, Bobby Seale and others started the Black Panthers.

Beyoncés dancers in black berets paying homage to the Black Panthers 50 years.

One dancer held a sign that read: “Justice 4 Mario Woods.” San Francisco police killed Mario Woods on December 2 after he slashed a stranger with a knife and refused police instructions to surrender.

The video “Formation” opens with Beyonce sitting on top of a police car in New Orleans during Hurricane Katrina as the flood waters rise.

And the haunting video ends with Beyonce going underwater as the police car sinks.

There’s no mistaking her anger as she gives the finger during part of the video.

The release of the video Saturday heightened expectations that Beyonce would make a political statement at the halftime show.

On Friday, her husband, Jay Z, pledged $1.5 million to the Black Lives Matter movement.

Related reading - http://www.theguardian.com/music/2016/feb/08/beyonce-black-panthers-homage-black-lives-matter-super-bowl-50

JayZ and Beyonce are purveyors of racial hatred for profit. . .Obama's ministers of propaganda.

I can't comprehend how Jay Z and Beyonce ( and President Obama ) can preach about lack of opportunity for black people or any sort of injustice in the U.S.A. Perhaps all three should spend their time and money and breath in the less fortunate communities that could directly benefit, like Detroit or Chicago or Compton.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I always liked Gulianni, never wasted a second on the Super Bowl I always find myself wanting those 3 hours back in years past when I've watched.

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

A act intended to stir up hatred has no place at America's Super Bowl.

Her performance was obviously planned and practiced, prior to the game.

The larger question is, which entities gave their approval for this performance so intensely geared at dividing America?

• Like 1

A act intended to stir up hatred has no place at America's Super Bowl.

Her performance was obviously planned and practiced, prior to the game.

The larger question is, which entities gave their approval for this performance so intensely geared at dividing America?

Somewhere in the immense institution of the NFL, there is a daughter, wife, or pissing/moaning mistress who has nothing but authoritative social justice on her mind, she is the one pulling strings to get garbage like that pushed onto the mainstage.

Fun is what they fine you for!

My name is Bob Buckman sir,. . . and I hate truckers.

But it's funny on nearly every other issue of any kind how the NFL tries to maintain such a squeaky clean image yet let stuff like this or the player who knocked out his wife and drug her out of the elevator go. Betcha if it was a third stringer and not an up and coming star they would have stuck to the permanent expulsion.

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

My thought was...."What did this halftime show cost?" A big pile of money for sure that these "stars" gladly took. Hmnn-what if the half time show was put on by schools? Be they high school, college-whatever-musical performances, marching bands whatever. And the NFL could make sizeable donations with the savings toward scholarship funds at the participating schools. Think of the benefit to kids who could use it.

Bottom line, an outrage IMO. Roger I would think had to put the final stamp of approval on the entire thing. Then again, look what he makes per year.

• Like 2

That's a great idea red horse, wouldn't that be something to see a multi billion dollar a year company make a real difference in our schools.

It's all about SHOCK VALUE. A bunch of high school kids would not be "entertaining" enough for the majority of the crowd. It's a circus, just like Nascar or any other big money event on TV.

BTW, I didn't watch one second of any of the game.

• Like 2

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Maybe next year we can have a group in pointy hoods singing about shortbread, since racism is apparently not offensive to the bottom line. Worked for Mel Brookes.

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE