Lowel Mass Essay Law?

41chevy

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

The safety course or a test of some sort showing you know which end is the business end I can agree with. A reason to lawfully carry?! Absolute bull shit! All states should be "shall issue" states like Mt meaning they shall issue you a license unless something in your background check prohibits it.

• Like 1

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

I agree with the safety course 100% but they limit it to a once a year 1100 dollar course, the Superintendent doesn't accept the NRA course.

I got a full carry permit 25 years ago and my usual carry is a S&W Governor.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

I agree with the safety course 100% but they limit it to a once a year 1100 dollar course, the Superintendent doesn't accept the NRA course.

I got a full carry permit 25 years ago and my usual carry is a S&W Governor.

Once a year $1100 course is ridiculous. Ive had a carry permit for 13 or 14 years, I switch up between my S&W model 66 357 with a 3" barrel not the normal 2 1/2 which gives me a full length ejector rod and a S&W M&P sub compact 9.

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

I live in Mass, got my carry permit 5 years ago or so. Saftey course here is $100 as I recall. In Mass ultimately the police chief is who decides to issue the license, the application asks for a written explanation as to why you want the license. Personally I wrote "all lawful purposes", I had no issue getting the license. Some places are easy and some are impossible, it is definitely an odd situation. The Lowell police cheif appears to be an idiot. Andy

• Like 1

My concealed carry permit is good everywhere in New York except for the five boroughs of New York City. I just filled out the pistol permit with four character references and our sheriff approves the pistol permits in our county. Once your approved you take a mandatory safety class put on by the sheriffs department I believe it was four hours long.

Unfortunately this is nothing new in Massachusetts. Many years ago I had to write a letter in order to I obtain my L.T.C.....police chief said it was a privilege not a right.....which I strongly disagreed with him on. We went back and forth....but ultimately he had no reason not to issue the license.....so he did....It sucks we have to jump through so many hoops but it's nothing compared to sacrifices made by the people who gave us our rights....something the people issuing carrying permits must have forgot all about.

Recently on a talk radio show a NRA life member was schooling another ill informed caller about guns and brought up the fact that we already have 20000 gun laws on the books. He proposed enforcing them instead of making more restrictive laws for law abiding citizens. Look at Chicago, some of the toughest anti gun laws in the country and the violence is like hat you see in third world countries and committed with illegal guns by criminals.

My concealed carry permit is good everywhere in New York except for the five boroughs of New York City. I just filled out the pistol permit with four character references and our sheriff approves the pistol permits in our county. Once your approved you take a mandatory safety class put on by the sheriffs department I believe it was four hours long.

A NRA or Law Enforcement safety course should be mandatory for any firearm purchase, long gun or pistol. It's only common sense in my opinion.

AS for N.Y. Safe Act it is B.S. Under there definition my Rossi Lever Action Saddle gun is classed as an "Assault Weapon" yet my M-100 Calico Sporter rifle is not....100 round semi auto....

P.T.CHESHIRE