Yeah,there was RL,RS,MB,F,FL,FS,U,R,DM. I had someone call looking for one and it stumped me,we never had any RD's around here until the later '70's after they quit the emblems,all the dumptruckers ran DM's

Al's gonna be mad at you Mike,

you forgot the BCR!

Ron

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

BCR emblems are almost like hen's teeth.

I just about slept with that emblem under my pillow, while it was off the truck during the restoration,Jim! The emblem itself needs to be restored.But after a friend of Dad's sent off some rare pieces for his '29 Pontiac to be chromed(that he never got back),I'm kinda scared to send mine off.

Mike,even the picture of an early RD on page 197 of Mr. Montville's book, appears to have the standard R-600 emblems on it. Al post-510-0-50540900-1454943138_thumb.jpg

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

I hear you on keeping it safe.

Not mine but is sure pretty!

Agreed Jim. That ones a beauty! Sure looks tough. I was thinking it must be on a B-61SX chassis with the tall rubber and all. Al
  • Like 1

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

The only symbol I've ever seen on an RD was the "Western Contractor" symbol on the hood that looked like the Superliner/Valueliner writing. It was basically an RD with a flat bumper for Western bumper to back of cab (bumper stick out past grill) dimensions. Only ever seen one in Canada.

RL (light) was started in 1967 from Mack's Hayward, CA factory with more engine and transmission options for the western states and utilized a lot of aluminum parts including rails. The RS was the companion truck with steel rails.

The DM introduced in 1966 is a Dump Mixer chassis with the offset cab similar to the U model but with a much heavier chassis and associated components for severe duty.

The RD introduced in 1970 was a similar severe duty chassis as the DM but with the traditional center mount R cab with a fiberglass or steel butterfly hood.

The BCR was a Mack factory kit to convert a good B model chassis into what appeared to be an R model. The Mack part number included a new R cab, hood and all the parts and pieces to do the conversion. Also, with the kit, was a BCR emblem for the side of the cab.

This bright red "R model" started life as a 1964 B model. Now, a 1964 BCR.

I don't know how many but I've seen a bunch of different grilles on R models & in my opion that is the best looking 1

I just about slept with that emblem under my pillow, while it was off the truck during the restoration,Jim! The emblem itself needs to be restored.But after a friend of Dad's sent off some rare pieces for his '29 Pontiac to be chromed(that he never got back),I'm kinda scared to send mine off.

Mike,even the picture of an early RD on page 197 of Mr. Montville's book, appears to have the standard R-600 emblems on it. Al attachicon.gif20160208_084944.jpg

Al

If you'd really like to get your's restored,

I've always heard good things about Paul's Chrome in Evans City, PA

Don Schumaker had his hup caps for his ED done there and they look beautiful.

I was kidding with him at Trucktoberfest a couple of years ago.

We had the two ED'S parked next to each other and he was talking to my wife with his back to me. I reached down and made like I was going to steal the RF hub cap off of his truck. Linda was smiling funny over in my direction so he turned around and caught me. He just chuckled and said I could take all four them as long as I had $2500 on me.

They can supposedly do work on pot metal too like your emblem, they're not cheap but they're supposed to be one of the best.

Ron

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

ab45502480cfff5ce464946e8f5d5fbe.jpg

Al they send coins worth tens of thousands of dollars through the mail every day to be graded at the third party grading services they insure the crap out of them. Send your insured with enough value that if it gets lost the money can be put into having someone tool up to make a run of them. It works out perfect your paid for your emblem plus you can ask what ever you want for the repops loosing the original pays you for.

• Like 1

Your right,Kevin. I have always had good luck shipping stuff through the P.O.or Buster Brown. Last year though,it appeared to be our turn. The wife sent a package to our youngest in Colorado. At first they lost it. Then 2 weeks later they found it and returned it to us. I told wifey, send it UPS this time (after all they run the tightest ship in the shipping business,right?).She said "alright!". Well,they do everything so good,they (UPS) lost the package permanently this time. Unfortunately,wifey only insured said package for 1/5th it's actual value. Shame on her. I guess just a little "gun shy". Al

Al I went down to the shop today they got my new to me RD all painted and clear coated all polished front and rear alcoas looks really nice the head mechanic is going all out on this truck. He told the guy running the place that was my truck not to even think of putting someone else into it this spring. He bought all new mirrors for it stainless straps to hold the air cleaner even bought a new chrome bumper from mack for it they bought this truck new and it sat in the yard for years they cut the frame down to make a semi tractor out of it the truck was used to deliver septic tanks to jobs I will get some pics of it Saturday.

Al I went down to the shop today they got my new to me RD all painted and clear coated all polished front and rear alcoas looks really nice the head mechanic is going all out on this truck. He told the guy running the place that was my truck not to even think of putting someone else into it this spring. He bought all new mirrors for it stainless straps to hold the air cleaner even bought a new chrome bumper from mack for it they bought this truck new and it sat in the yard for years they cut the frame down to make a semi tractor out of it the truck was used to deliver septic tanks to jobs I will get some pics of it Saturday.

Good deal,Kevin. They know who will take good care of it. Al