Radiator Core

Not to be too obvious, but have you been to a good radiator shop? They are getting harder to find, but there should be one somewhere in Philly that can help you out.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

This thread hits close to home. My 815 doesn't leak a bit (Knock on wood!!!) but the fins located bottom center on the fan side are brittle as can be. I'm not sure this is critical as the truck won't really work again or if it means it is on its last legs...I know a good guy in North Hampton NH that I plan to talk to shortly...scared of the answer.

Hey small world. That is the guy and the company. I met Burt and his Bride last weekend. My Dad used him to tune up an old model T radiator and patch up the gas tank for the 35 GP John Deere. I brought a buddy there who has a 27 Buick with a similar honeycomb radiator needing testing, flushing and a little repair. He does great work on soldering for sure.

I plan to ask him what he thinks on mine and get an idea of cost...I'm afraid of the answer but Burt does good work and is very reasonable so I'm told, and my Dad is discerning and thrifty so...sounds like a good source. I'll let you know.

Greg