Harrison Hydragen Generators.

chris1953

post-22175-0-97610400-1454365876_thumb.j

I have a Mack Saulsbury Fire Rescue Truck with a Harrison PTO driven 15 kw generator. Does anyone know anything about them? I am going to take it out of the truck. Is there a market for this type of equipment and what would it be worth? I presume it is the same age as the truck, 1989 and has about 400 hours on the clock. Thanks.

The problem with this type of generator is that you have to run the truck engine to get it to work. I'm thinking that I might as well have an inverter. Hydraulic generators need something to drive the pump. In theory this could work with a farm tractor, a wind turbine or a water wheel.

For what its worth, Harrison Hydraulically powered gen sets are extremely reliable and well built units. This is why many are found installed on fire apparatus. What are you using the truck for? Why wouldn't you want to keep the gen set? If power ever went out at your home or business, you'd be a hero because you could power your house and the next 2-3 neighbors as well. If the get set isn't in the way of anything, why remove it? Additionally, it contributes to the resale value if you ever go to sell the truck.

By the way, this isn't an MH Mack by any chance, is it?

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

The problem with this type of generator is that you have to run the truck engine to get it to work. I'm thinking that I might as well have an inverter. Hydraulic generators need something to drive the pump. In theory this could work with a farm tractor, a wind turbine or a water wheel.

You will never get a 15KW inverter to run properly on the alternator you have now.

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

A 2500 watt inverter would be enough for me. The main reason the generator is coming out is because I want to get the truck registered as a motor home and need direct access from the drivers seat to the living area. It sits right behind the cab in the middle of the box. The truck is a R688 FC. I'll try and get some more photos posted soon.

A 2500 watt inverter would be enough for me. The main reason the generator is coming out is because I want to get the truck registered as a motor home and need direct access from the drivers seat to the living area. It sits right behind the cab in the middle of the box. The truck is a R688 FC. I'll try and get some more photos posted soon.

I would put a pair of seats or a long bunk in the front section of the box to register the truck and keep the gen on its place.

Sure if I would like to keep the truck close to original. Global rebuild to get a whole box living area is another story.

It would be nice to see some pics of your truck. Don't remember seeing many R688 fire engines.

Vlad

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012