61' Mack B Model Air System

Bigben89

Hello all,

I was driving my B Model around this weekend when I heard a huge whoosh of air. I correctly assumed I blew an air leak somewhere in the system and slowed down to stop with what remaining pressure I had left and limped back home. However I have been through the entire system and I am not able to find the leak. Additionally, the system won't pressurize from the compressor on the engine. Does this mean my problem is a bad compressor? Is there a way to reverse pressurize the system or fill it with something to help me find the leak. First timer with this problem thanks! All advice welcomed as always.

You need to get a kid out there to help you.They may be able to hear better.But remember this if there is no pressure you will not hear a leak.And if there is a bad leak you cant build pressure.Best thing or simple thing is find the # 1 tank and pull a fitting and air it up with shop air.With shop air the engine is not running and you may hear a leak.Best place to air the system is remove the discharge line on the compressor and air it up.That ia a rough way of checking but its better than guessing and start replacing parts.

• Like 1

glenn akers

I had taken a bunch of dead air stuff off of my truck and then had to assemble it enough to move it and had the same issue. I dug around and found it by looking but what theakerstwo said above is right. Pull a fitting and hook up shop air and you will find something for sure....no pressure, no sound.

Must be a bad leak. The compressor on the truck doesn't have enough CFM to make enough pressure to make enough noise to find it. Like mentioned, put some shop air in the tank and see where it makes noise. Might be the main line off the compressor that blew?

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Much appreciated everyone! That was my biggest issues was there's just to much damn noise to find anything and if I can't build pressure can't find a leak so making pressure from the opposite end makes sense. Case closed and thank you. -B