Does the MP10 come in 2 versions?

You complain about the Hunts and Swiftys and you want to turn them loose with more power ???? Makes me wonder how we moved Cats around with 237s and 300s ?? and yes for you wet behind the ears and needing 1000 HP we moved 235 cats everyday with 300 Macks. Wasn't the biggest load of logs moved in Maine done with a F model with a 237 ???

• Like 1

I'm not into the big power I was just curious why Australia listed the same rig 685hp when only shows 605hp...I started hauling stuff with 130hp gas engine in a 6x6 tractor.. Then went to C60/F600-C70/F700 grade trucks with 190hp gas engines.. wasn't until my old B-Model that got to use a diesel engine ;)

Not sayin you older gents did use the same gasser's I did, but when you ran then they were new to 20yrs old for me they were 30-60yrs old when I got them ;)

I'm not into the big power I was just curious why Australia listed the same rig 685hp when only shows 605hp...I started hauling stuff with 130hp gas engine in a 6x6 tractor.. Then went to C60/F600-C70/F700 grade trucks with 190hp gas engines.. wasn't until my old B-Model that got to use a diesel engine ;)Not sayin you older gents did use the same gasser's I did, but when you ran then they were new to 20yrs old for me they were 30-60yrs old when I got them ;)

My guess is Mack Australia did it themselves. Let's not forget that the same engine in a Volvo puts out 700hp with the same gearbox.

So 685hp is still less than the "flagship" Volvo.

Mack Australia probably wanted the extra hp for the marketing side (it's around 4th behind other makes) and also for the road train market.

The derate on the engines has everything to do with the emission regulations. Aussie rates will decrease slightly as emissions regs increase. Just like in North America. You need a more complete burn per cylinder for more power. Higher in cylinder Temps produce more NOX emissions. EGR reduces in Cyl Temps which curb NOX emissions. Or like more commonly today DEF/urea treats NOX after cylinder. It's all relative. All while engine manufacturers are trying to keep fuel consumption down. Older EGR engines had to up there RPM operating range to compensate for loss of power in the bottom end caused by EGR induction. Newer engines have reduced use of EGR because emissions are treated after the engine. Which in turn has brought operating ranges back into lower rpm's

• 3 weeks later...

The current US MP10 has enough room for 700 hp/2250 lb-ft torque in the Titan especially with the larger cooling package. Add a CX sleeper (all Mack conventional cabs are essentially the same) and you have the truck everyone wants. How do you get? Beat on your favorite sales guys and if enough interest they will build it. Even the guys sweeping the floors in the Mack factories want it.

You complain about the Hunts and Swiftys and you want to turn them loose with more power ???? Makes me wonder how we moved Cats around with 237s and 300s ?? and yes for you wet behind the ears and needing 1000 HP we moved 235 cats everyday with 300 Macks. Wasn't the biggest load of logs moved in Maine done with a F model with a 237 ???

Simply gearing and great drivers.

Yep, like David Wild said, I hauled 140,000 gross every day with my 88 R Model with an E-6 350 up and down 8 to 12% grades. It did everything my new DD15 505 Detroit will do. (except engine brake power, LOL)

Got better fuel mileage too. And it ran every day.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Never did cups or injectors. 120,000 miles on it and only issue is oil usage. 1 gallon every 2700 miles

Well I can say my mp8 does not use any oil; put close to 25000 on an oil change & didn't use any; I ran it longer than wanted to

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The current US MP10 has enough room for 700 hp/2250 lb-ft torque in the Titan especially with the larger cooling package. Add a CX sleeper (all Mack conventional cabs are essentially the same) and you have the truck everyone wants. How do you get? Beat on your favorite sales guys and if enough interest they will build it. Even the guys sweeping the floors in the Mack factories want it.

c44d9b1198f7366dc3d4f07da14a8559.jpg

Australian superliner/Titan now getting fitted with US 60" sleeper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2