1984 GMC 5 Star General in NJ 8500

JTFormula

Hate to Hear ya have to part ways with the General . But in time i'm sure another Project will come along to Restore .

The one thing i do like about some states unlike here in TN Is after a Commercial truck gets a certain age like a personal vehicle is you can put antique tags & insurance on it .

Such is not the case here as i tried to do the same years ago to my namesake & dad's ole B Model.

Good Luck in your new Endeavor

:mack1:

• Like 1

You Cant Fix Stupid. But You Can Numb It With A Sledgehammer. :loldude:

Randy,

You got that right. I'm also hoping it goes to a guy in the hobby, and not someone who will tear it up. My job was to rescue it. The next owner I'm hoping will to take it to that next level. If that happens, I'll be happy.

• Like 1

Randy,

You got that right. I'm also hoping it goes to a guy in the hobby, and not someone who will tear it up. My job was to rescue it. The next owner I'm hoping will to take it to that next level. If that happens, I'll be happy.

Reading the replies after 5 months of sitting on the fence, I called the people who want my 51 Ford Vicky. Paul

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

JT

Saw the original post and I thought bummer.

Sorry to hear this, but as other have said, you are thinking of clear head. We all need the "day job" to pay for the rest of the stuff.

Best wishes moving forward on your new endeavors. Based on all the other posts, it won't be long before you will be ready for another truck project.

George

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It has a Jake on it too I assume?

No Jake. I wish

Well the end of an era has happened. The General sold yesterday. I am actually sad it went but it did go to a good home in NY State. More importantly is that the new owner has a large garage to keep it out of the weather and it's going to live a retired life pulling a trailer of restored John Deere tractors to shows and probably going to bring it to some truck shows too.

I would be lying if I said I didn't shed a tear as I watched it roll on to the highway on the low boy when they left.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...