Adding A Blixxton To My 92 Mack

diesel

Well I've run a Blixxton on my 94 E-7 350hp for about a year now with no problems and I just love it. I leave it on the 30% setting and still get 6.3 to 7.3 MPG. I can easily hang with our 99 460hp E-tech in the hills, even gaining a truck length or two! Not bad for an otherwise stock 350. Doing the math, 30% added to a 350 is about 455hp, so their claim is pretty darn close. Pyrometer has gone up 50 deg.F, nothing serious, I've only had to back out of it once because of exhaust temps. I can also say throttle response has improved greatly at low RPMs. 30+ psi at the manifold from 1200RPM on up really wakes up the E-7. I do get a puff of black smoke after each shift. Talked to Alex and he said the new program no longer waits for boost signal before applying fuel. Guess that explains the smoke, and better throttle response. :D

Jeff

same thing for me! put the injector big sizes injector on my 400 e-tech (injector 20%)=480 hp +my blackbox.. yes ! in hill, my turbo psi hit 35 psi, my pyrometer has gone up 100 deg F (450,500f) full load and big hill 1 milles ,full open throlle,and even puff of black smoke each shif(only eaton 8LL), i just love it ,driven my truck!!,the best mod is the box little blixxton!!i smoke easy e-tech 460 .

HIGH TORQUE INJECTORS 20%

Please don't talk horsepower numbers unless it's been put on a dyno

450 plus horsepower you should be pulling side by side with a 550 Cat not 460 Mack

Just say you are happy with it don't miss lead us

gallery_133_137_10125.jpg

Thanks for hearing me out.

You can have the soap box now---------JIM

450 plus horsepower you should be pulling side by side with a 550 Cat not 460 Mack

Sorry, not really trying to mislead anyone here. Just stating my 350hp mack now pulls as well, if not better than a 460hp mack after adding the Blixxton. Same conditions, same load, in the real world, not on a dyno. I'm not selling Blixxton's nor do I work for them. I'm just an owner-operator driving the same Mack for 15yrs and am very happy I didn't have to trade her in when I became dissatisfied my little 350.

Jeff

dynoed by northwest mack performance!! leader for modded mack truck in canada!!

i have the choice injector 20 or 30% i buy the 20%!!!

and e-tech 460 dynoed with big size injector+high flow turbo,565 hp 2050 lbs torque!

and 550 cat is 15 L and motor E-7 only 11.9 L,is not same thing!

cat C-12 and E-7 motor is same thing! same cylinder liter or CC

Edited by modblaster

Sorry, not really trying to mislead anyone here. Just stating my 350hp mack now pulls as well, if not better than a 460hp mack after adding the Blixxton. Same conditions, same load, in the real world, not on a dyno. I'm not selling Blixxton's nor do I work for them. I'm just an owner-operator driving the same Mack for 15yrs and am very happy I didn't have to trade her in when I became dissatisfied my little 350.

Jeff

No I sorry

I know what the box does (I have one)and what some of these so called (pump shops) tell people its a scam and way over priced

90% of the Mack's on the road run like crap and can do better with a few tricks but what these guy's are telling you is not real horsepower numbers

dynoed by northwest mack performance!! leader for modded mack truck in canada!!

i have the choice injector 20 or 30% i buy the 20%!!!

and e-tech 460 dynoed with big size injector+high flow turbo,565 hp 2050 lbs torque!

Spoke with northwest 10 years ago talked specs on their junk and all I got out of them was (eeeeeee oooooooo aaaaaaaaaaa duh aaaaa well I think you know E7's Jim)

Hate to tell you you can buy those big 20 to 30% tips right from Robert Bosch for allot less because they are a stock

off the shelf part

No its not the same but mine dynoed only 477 to the ground and will run side by side with a 550

why doesn't yours

I think I got a bridge in New York I like to sell you

Spoke with northwest 10 years ago talked specs on their junk and all I got out of them was (eeeeeee oooooooo aaaaaaaaaaa duh aaaaa well I think you know E7's Jim)

Hate to tell you you can buy those big 20 to 30% tips right from Robert Bosch for allot less because they are a stock

off the shelf part

No its not the same but mine dynoed only 477 to the ground and will run side by side with a 550

why doesn't yours

I think I got a bridge in New York I like to sell you

lolll,you can hate! (high flow injector 20%)is not my problem! i just want tell you,i never has problem with northwest! maybe your have bad luck with them!

i never change the tips on my injector, i buy another high flow injector!

i spoke the cat 550 is not same motor, the big block, ,the E-7 is smaller block! is very different!

cat 550 has power stock! and is very easy up 700 hp ++ (/www.pittsburghpower.com/)

the mine is dynoed 494 hp with all mod!the northwest injector is good!

dynoed ( meca-tech)

2 cents!

Edited by modblaster

No I sorry

I know what the box does (I have one)and what some of these so called (pump shops) tell people its a scam and way over priced

90% of the Mack's on the road run like crap and can do better with a few tricks but what these guy's are telling you is not real horsepower numbers

Say isn't your CL a factory 454hp? If so did Blixxton make a "special program" for your truck? Just asking because I was told the Blixxton only works for the Bosch pump used in the 300-400hp V-macs.

Could explain why your not as impressed with the performance as I am....

lolll,you can hate! (high flow injector 20%)is not my problem! i just want tell you,i never has problem with northwest! maybe your have bad luck with them!

i never change the tips on my injector, i buy another high flow injector!

i spoke the cat 550 is not same motor, the big block, ,the E-7 is smaller block! is very different!

cat 550 has power stock! and is very easy up 700 hp ++ (/www.pittsburghpower.com/)

the mine is dynoed 494 hp with all mod!the northwest injector is good!

dynoed ( meca-tech)

2 cents!

Your 2 cents is not worth a penny

I'm wasting my time with you

you dynoed 494 yeah OK with 32 psi OK you do understand(probably not) intake pressure will tell you alittle about of

how much horsepower your making 32 is low try 44 to 47 for that kind of a HP number

494 you should be eating 550's all day

Say isn't your CL a factory 454hp? If so did Blixxton make a "special program" for your truck? Just asking because I was told the Blixxton only works for the Bosch pump used in the 300-400hp V-macs.

Yes, mine is a 454 and I know what blixxton dose and tested it on 300 350 400 427 454 shall I go on

I don't have a problem with it and Its on there now torque rise is the biggest improvement(just don't say you are doing 455hp unless its on a dyno)

Special program (Ha Ha ) I said before it just a few resistors You didn't open your box did you

Well I've run a Blixxton on my 94 E-7 350hp for about a year now with no problems and I just love it. I leave it on the 30% setting and still get 6.3 to 7.3 MPG. I can easily hang with our 99 460hp E-tech in the hills, even gaining a truck length or two! Not bad for an otherwise stock 350. Doing the math, 30% added to a 350 is about 455hp, so their claim is pretty darn close. Pyrometer has gone up 50 deg.F, nothing serious, I've only had to back out of it once because of exhaust temps. I can also say throttle response has improved greatly at low RPMs. 30+ psi at the manifold from 1200RPM on up really wakes up the E-7. I do get a puff of black smoke after each shift. Talked to Alex and he said the new program no longer waits for boost signal before applying fuel. Guess that explains the smoke, and better throttle response. :D

Jeff

Your truck dose not have a boost signal to start with it may have a intake temp sender if its a V-Mack2 but sorry he

bullshi**ed you

Your 2 cents is not worth a penny

I'm wasting my time with you

you dynoed 494 yeah OK with 32 psi OK you do understand(probably not) intake pressure will tell you alittle about of

how much horsepower your making 32 is low try 44 to 47 for that kind of a HP number

494 you should be eating 550's all day

I'm wasting my time with you ????

why do that??

i am not the lies!!!!

anyways !! :wacko:

i love my injector! i work very very well!

and , no!

the cat 550 eating even time ! more torque has low rpm! big block!

the cat 550 is great motor!

my E-7 (mod) =detroit 500 hp! same thing! and i eating even 460 E-7

. I can also say throttle response has improved greatly at low RPMs. 30+ psi at the manifold from 1200RPM on up really wakes up the E-7. I do get a puff of black smoke after each shift. Talked to Alex and he said the new program no longer waits for boost signal before applying fuel. Guess that explains the smoke, and better throttle response. :D

Jeff

This is what I'm after more than anything. I'm pretty happy otherwise with the power and mileage.

Ever wonder how a blind person knows when to stop wiping?

gallery_1977_876_21691.jpg

I'm wasting my time with you ????

why do that??

i am not the lies!!!!

anyways !! :wacko:

i love my injector! i work very very well!

and , no!

the cat 550 eating even time ! more torque has low rpm! big block!

the cat 550 is great motor!

my E-7 (mod) =detroit 500 hp! same thing! and i eating even 460 E-7

I was going to stay out of this one until you said that I you did all those mods and all you have is the same power as a series 60 500 you not only wasted your time any money you went backwards a good 427 will beat a Detroit up the hill

I was going to stay out of this one until you said that I you did all those mods and all you have is the same power as a series 60 500 you not only wasted your time any money you went backwards a good 427 will beat a Detroit up the hill

wait minute man!!you are full stock????????? if yes. i thing is the B.S

427 beat detroit 500??? ...are you sure the guy's was full throlle!

if you are beating detroit 500 ,the detroit motor has need overaull!!

,which your setting, ratio,tranny, tires, ect.... and which setting detroit 500, ratio , tranny , ect!!

if he use 8ll on detroit with ratio 3.42 ,(is heavy load ?? ect..)and you has on your truck 18 speed with 390 ratio ect.....

all motor is same thing! i never see a motor 400 hp stock beat a 500 hp stock.. motor detroit,inter,cummins,cat,mack, volvo,mercede is all good motor,the motor mack e-7 e-tech or aset will gave the poor accelleration stock! :mack1: (alot people hate this motor for that) big lags low rpm! :mack1: !!!for the rest is not the bad motor! is my opinion !!!

400 hp eat 400 hp okay!!

400 hp eat 450 hp ????B.S if all motor is stock! and SAME SPEC (TRANNY,RATIO) and same load ect.....

2 cents! :mack1:

Edited by modblaster

• 1 year later...

All you guys are asking for is to get to overhaul your engine before it is time to overhaul. The deals you are using is only shorten the life of your engine. saw it many times. If you had enough gauges like a pryometer and boost you may run some longer but most people will mash on their motor not relizing that it is over fueling and bumping the timing up and that increases the exhaust heat and it increases the cylinder pressures. The first sign of trouble is excessive blow by and then you will find it smokes more on start up from weak compression and then oil consumpion is next or a burnt piston.I have set HP up as much as any one ever will in my younger days but now with engines costing up to 16000.00 for a inframe with a dropped valve and bad turbo i cant see that it is worth it. If one is low on power i think the problen needs repaired and then think about a mack engine. It is not a big cube engine to start with but puts out more HP than most other engines that size so that means they are on the edge of destuction any way. I have alot of respect for a small cube engine that works like it does never complains about what you do to it. My 2 cents and 40 years of working on engines glenn

That's been my experience over the past 35+ years dealing with turned up trucks too theakerstwo.